Worm bins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Anyone breed worms? Or have a worm bin for compost? I have started one mostly to keep a food supply for my box turtles. Anyone have luck breeding worms, red wigglers night crawlers?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are everywhere up here. No need to farm them. Soak some ground and put a wet piece of cardboard or some large flat piece of plastic down over night. When you lift it in the morning you will have all sorts of worms under it.

poison

5 Year Member
I do have a small tub of red wigglers. Very easy to breed. I hsve plenty of eggs. Just put them in top soil feed them pretty much anything. I use foods that we can eat our self along with leaf litter.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I keep superworms, mealworms, nightcrawlers, and pill bugs - but not red wigglers! Only my turtle/tortoise friends can appreciate my worm farms! :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
kimber_lee_314 said:
I keep superworms, mealworms, nightcrawlers, and pill bugs - but not red wigglers! Only my turtle/tortoise friends can appreciate my worm farms! :)

I read night crawlers take awhile to mature and have a long breeding cycle. Do you have Canadian crawlers?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I raise my own mealworms for my water turtles and boxys only so I know what goes in to them . But I have 5 composters

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm with Tom. I live in the woods and all I have to do is rake the leaves to the side and worm city .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.