Work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex uk
WEll, off to work I go, today is a 14 hr shift :( swollen ankles to look forward to haha! that's my nursing job, I'm also a tattoo artist. I'd much rather be going to the studio.... :( what does everyone here do job wise?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Do you ever combine nursing and tattoo artist?

acrantophis

5 Year Member
Degrees in environmental science and
Nutrition. Personal trainer 17 years :-(

clare n

5 Year Member
Essex uk
Combine the two... Now that's an idea! I have had a few patients leave and then come to me for tattoos... But I like your thinking ;)

Sorry if this is a daft question, what is the BLDV?

BLVD even...

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm a surgery coordinator. Worked in schools for 4 years prior. Love the kids, but healthcare is much, much more stable.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am guessing BLVD mean boulevard like the street.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
clare n said:
Combine the two... Now that's an idea! I have had a few patients leave and then come to me for tattoos... But I like your thinking ;)

Sorry if this is a daft question, what is the BLDV?

BLVD even...

It was just a joke, You know someone that would work the streets for money.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
haha! bigred XD too funny :p

I'm 20, and I'm already 2 classes away from being a combination certified welder. :D I started while I was still in high school, so I got a jump-start, but I had to have brain surgery 4 days after my prom.. :( That put a damper on a lot of my plans... Now I'm still looking for a job sadly.. :-/

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
KimandKarasi said:

I'm 20, and I'm already 2 classes away from being a combination certified welder. :D I started while I was still in high school, so I got a jump-start, but I had to have brain surgery 4 days after my prom.. :( That put a damper on a lot of my plans... Now I'm still looking for a job sadly.. :-/

Sorry to hear that, You will find something

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
bigred said:
KimandKarasi said:

you on the other hand must find work easy on the street :D haha! :p

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
KimandKarasi said:
bigred said:
KimandKarasi said:

you on the other hand must find work easy on the street :D haha! :p

Well Im a 46 year old bald guy so its kinda TUFF. :D I actually work in a machice shop and starting school back up in september for HVAC. Job market is TUFF right now. You doing ok after your surgery

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I work with autistic children. I am currently finishing up to become a moderate/severe special education teacher. Love it!
A nurse by day and tattoo artist by night, very unique. Sounds like something always different going on.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Aww, I'm sure theres a market out there for 46 year old bald guys ;) lol! And thank you for asking :) after the surgery, (getting the 17 staples removed hurt LESS than the morphine injections they were giving me :( they let the IV coagulate... I happened to be placed in the worst hospital in south texas, go figure...) I was feeling great for a while, and extremely happy they didnt have to shave my whole head, they actually made it to where I had some hair to cover it with, and when I put my hair in a ponytail you really couldnt notice a thing except the trail of staples showing below the ponytail. But I found out the hard way there are certain ways I cant turn my head since they shaved down the first virtibrate from my skull, and if I look sraight up for too long I'll pass out :-/ lol.. live and learn huh? :p a lot of things have been going down-hill for me recently, but the one thing that has never left my side (like she has a choice ;)) is my little Karasi. :D They really are almost theraputic...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Kim. I would love to hear more of your story if you don't mind telling it, start a new thread. If you are not interested in telling us about yourself I understand.

My life is to boring to even post about right now.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
KimandKarasi said:
Aww, I'm sure theres a market out there for 46 year old bald guys ;) lol! And thank you for asking :) after the surgery, (getting the 17 staples removed hurt LESS than the morphine injections they were giving me :( they let the IV coagulate... I happened to be placed in the worst hospital in south texas, go figure...) I was feeling great for a while, and extremely happy they didnt have to shave my whole head, they actually made it to where I had some hair to cover it with, and when I put my hair in a ponytail you really couldnt notice a thing except the trail of staples showing below the ponytail. But I found out the hard way there are certain ways I cant turn my head since they shaved down the first virtibrate from my skull, and if I look sraight up for too long I'll pass out :-/ lol.. live and learn huh? :p a lot of things have been going down-hill for me recently, but the one thing that has never left my side (like she has a choice ;)) is my little Karasi. :D They really are almost theraputic...

Well one thing for sure is dont look straight up. I hope for your sake that with a little time your body will adjust so you can work, and do all those other essential things. What kind of tortoise do you have do you

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Angi said:
Kim. I would love to hear more of your story if you don't mind telling it, start a new thread. If you are not interested in telling us about yourself I understand.

I live in a land of sarcasm, so I'm going to ask before I make a fool of myself if you are serious, or if that was sarcastic? If you really are interested i guess i could make a new thread....

and bigred, I will do my best not to look up XD haha! I hope it goes away in time as well, but I guess I'll find out later ;)
I have a sulcata, she's my only tortoise, and she's a beauty! lol, I posted a bunch of her pictures in a "lets see your sulcatas!" thread if youd like to look! :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
KimandKarasi said:
Angi said:

I live in a land of sarcasm, so I'm going to ask before I make a fool of myself if you are serious, or if that was sarcastic? If you really are interested i guess i could make a new thread....

and bigred, I will do my best not to look up XD haha! I hope it goes away in time as well, but I guess I'll find out later ;)
I have a sulcata, she's my only tortoise, and she's a beauty! lol, I posted a bunch of her pictures in a "lets see your sulcatas!" thread if youd like to look! :)

Well now!!!!!!!!!! I live in a land of sarcasm as well. Ok Im going to check out your sulcata in your other post. Keep us updated on how you and your tort are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.