work oOUUUTTTTTTt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
anyone work out? im starting again...today was my first day. woke up at 4 am to hit the gym.....its gonna be hard to get my 6 pack again...but here i go!!!!!!!!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very good

You woke up at 4AM to go to the gym, that is pretty good, you have a lot of motiation to do that.

Everytime I subscribe to a gym, I only go the first month, after that, I get fed up. But I walk a lot during the day (to go to work, at lunch time and after work to get home) plus I have an exercise bike at home.

keep on the good work :D

A

Amy

Good for you! Stay motivated! I personally love to work out. I justify eating a lot by working out a lot. If I go a day without I get very guilty, but I try to relax on the weekends. I like to go for about an hour a day and I try and develop a lot of variety so i don't get bored. On Mondays I usually do elliptical and weights, Tues running outside with my friends, Wed- elliptical and weights, Fri hikes and Sunday spin class at my gym. :)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i like to work out outside...im not a big fan of gyms but they are useful for some workouts and some people.
i have a big hiking trip coming up and i really need to get out and run. ill hit the streets tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
josh said:
i like to work out outside...im not a big fan of gyms but they are useful for some workouts and some people.
i have a big hiking trip coming up and i really need to get out and run. ill hit the streets tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

Have fun running Josh :D

A

Amy

josh said:

So Josh- How did your run go?

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Is walking considered working out even thought the heart rate does not really increase?

I walk about 2-3 miles a day down at the turkey houses and I sweat like a pig, but it does not do much for my heart rate.

I really need to start working out again. (not a gym though) What was is, 5 years ago I was a size 4 and now I am a size, none of your business. LOL :p

If I could get used to the very cold spring water in the creek, I could add swimming to the workout. BRRR....

ARKelly

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Hows it going? I am going to start working out again this week. Any tips?

eat lightly before your workout. fruit about 30 minutes before is best. your bodily can easily absorb and digest the fruit.
warmup before you work out. i know it's not fun, but it's too worth it to forget.
at the end of your workout, stretch. it's a GREAT cool down.
15 minutes after you workout, eat a LIGHT protein meal. something you can easily digest. if you feel too full after you eat, eat some papaya. helps digest the protein.

whatever you're doing, HAVE FUN! or you may not do it next time.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I dread gyms, I walk, run with kids, play football, Clean up after the torts, take care of people at my job, unfortunatly no more hiking for me (bad knees), but I have lost 30 pounds doing this so I figured I am doing good at this rate.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I just got back from my 2 mile run. I've been working out consistently for almost a month now and it feels great!
How's everyone elses workout going?

Status
Not open for further replies.