typical new years resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
anyone attempting to get to the gym more? cook/eat more healthy? count calories? lose a few?

or has anyone already given up? lol I figured if I start a little later than day 1 of the new year maybe I'll last a little longer :p
Off to the gym I go!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I quit making resolutions years ago. I get too depressed when I break them.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I am not a gym person, but I walk a lot..........in the mall.:D
I go to bed very late, and then I can't get up in the AM, so I'm trying to get to sleep earilier, so I could get up earilier.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
GBtortoises said:
My New Years resolution was to make only one resolution-which is not to make any New Years resolutions. So far I've stuck to it!

Isn't that a controdiction in itself? if your resolution is to not make a resolution then you made a resolution right there. I'm so confused! lol

Tyler

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I quit smoking, gym 3 days a week, and I'm cutting back from 3pots of coffee a day to 1.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Down 12lbs since New Years!! Get the book 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. It is a hoot and it works!! Stick to it and you will see a difference!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
perfect people don't need resolutions.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tim/Robin said:
Down 12lbs since New Years!! Get the book 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. It is a hoot and it works!! Stick to it and you will see a difference!
I am impressed!

zzzdanz said:
I quit smoking, gym 3 days a week, and I'm cutting back from 3pots of coffee a day to 1.

How is that going for you?

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
They say getting healthy will make ya feel better..my question is,do healthy people feel like strangle'n everyone all the time,or will the feeling fade?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
terryo said:
I am not a gym person, but I walk a lot..........in the mall.:D

HA! Love this :D Meee too!

I didn't necessarily make "resolutions" but I do want to start working out. I'm hoping this will encourage me to eat more...and give me more energy!

I'm also trying to be a more positive person! I was a cynical little b there for a while, and I need to stop being such a Debbie Downer :p
You are as happy as you choose to be! :D

zzzdanz said:

Good for you!!!
Have you seen this? Not sure how accurate it really is, but I thought it was cool! http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/20644

colormyworld

5 Year Member
New York, NY
Mine was to make and break as many as I can.

Broken New Years Resolution 1: wake up at a normal hour. (well, 2:30pm is normal right?)

Broken New Years Resolution 2: take things more seriously and stop using sarcasm to deal with everything. (hehehehehehe yep TOTALLY gonna do that one. Sounds like a barrel of fun!)

Broken New Years Resolution 3: get these knots out of my hair. (hey I tried, kind of. But hats are faster to put on.)

Broken New Years Resolution 4: drink less coffee. No more than 10 cups, I swear.

Broken New Years Resolution 5: Break every New Years Resolution. This one is a toughie. Because if I break them all, that would involve not breaking this one, and vice versa. And round and round we go!

As far as the gym, I already go. Have you tried the NYSC? It's awesome. They have a pool at a couple of the locations, locations all around the city, steamroom/sauna, and every class you can think of, even trampoline! Though I often go in, use the steamroom and sauna, and then leave, because I kinda suck at the working out part. I want my abs back (used to have a 6-pack actually) but the exercising part is so boring. lol...I'll probably start going more to work out now that I'm being painted more though...it really does make you feel better mentally and physically.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Maybe in a few more weeks with no smokes I'll notice a difference.Been sitting around the house for a year doing a little bit less than nothing,so I have a few pounds I want to drop.I figured no smoking was going to be harder than it is,but I'll live.(love me a Marlboro though)

I was in pretty good shape from building houses up until a yr. ago,so the gym really isn't bad.I'm sure my Dr.'s would flip if they new I was going to the gym after my 2nd back surgery but I'm tired of worry'n about it everyday.Was going nuts being in the house all the time so getting out and doing something is nice for a change.

I quit drinking,now quit smoking,...The whole healthy living thing is boring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.