Concussion?

Delilah1623

Ok weird topic but anyone ever had a concussion? I bumped my head Wednesday night and I have only vague memories from Wednesday night when I woke up at 5 PM today and was calling my boyfriend/ex boyfriend to see when he was coming to get the rest of his stuff...that he had picked up Thursday night... Also I must have called into work for Friday because I had a voice mail from someone at work calling to clarify my name because they'd hadn't caught it on the voice mail I left.... Clearly not Normal.. but an ER visit won't really do anything other tell me to take it easy right?

Delilah1623

I had off Thursday from work so I must have slept all day..... so much for getting my basement cleaned.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
that's something you want to get checked out concussions are no joke i've had a couple what can i say i'm accident prone being a ex football player a skateboard and a speed longboard racer will do that to you on one occasion i had to stay over night

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
They may do a CAT scan or MRI if you go to the ER. it may not be a bad idea to go. Are you having any symptoms now? Headache, dizziness, difficulty thinking, vision issues etc?

puffy137

Are you upset about your BF- ex. etc? , Have you been drinking ? How did you bump your head ?:)

Delilah1623

Im just kind dizzy and a little scared about where Thursday went. He was already moving and we are trying to work things out so surprises there. No drinking involved. We had some some mold cleanup going on at work ( I am horribly allergic to mold and already left early one day because it was making me sick.) I managed to make some chicken tonight but the dog ate it so my mom is going to bring me some food and check on me. I'm thinking I'll feel better once I eat since I haven't eaten since Wednesday.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Sounds like a Dr. visit would be a good idea. Especially if you have any dizziness, headache or nausea.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I would go to the ER when your mom gets there. You are probably very dehydrated. and it is always a good idea to get head injuries checked out.

Delilah1623

No headaches or issue issues. The main reason I'm concerned is I dumped the same area on a tree branch hanging up christmas lights at my mom's a few weeks ago

Delilah1623

The other side is I.dont haven't insurance right now... I just changed jobs after 9 years and my.new insurance doesn't pick up until January 1st.....

puffy137

No headaches or issue issues. The main reason I'm concerned is I dumped the same area on a tree branch hanging up christmas lights at my mom's a few weeks ago
The bump , the mold , the breakup, & dehydration seem to all have combined to make you unwell. Best to get a complete check up.:)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Why don't you get a regular check up at the doctor's? Going to the ER is probably a lot more expensive....

Delilah1623

I the if it gets worse I will go the the ER. Just play the waiting game for a next little bit. It happened over 48 hours ago and seems to be improving so I've got my fingers crossed...

puffy137

Some years ago , my mother was on the only visit she ever made to me here in the Middle East. For some unknown reason I took it into my head to attack an overgrown oleander plant. It was dusty & dirty work , & after making a complete mess of myself I suddenly got tunnel vision , VERY scary. I laid down for an hour & thankfully it all righted itself. Never to return. This might be like that , just a one off.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I would still go to the ER if it was me. But if you can't, does your town have some kind of medical clinic that you could go to tomorrow? A walk in clinic of some kind? some towns even have these that are open late.they are a okay alternative to the emergency room. eRs take care of people all the time without insurance. You can always work out a payment plan or apply for charity care.