Freezing.. Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBeanie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Ok so I woke up at 5am this morning to 36 degree weather.... got in my car to go to school (first day back to college from winter break) and low and behold my heat on my car doesn't work In fact the switch broke off and I couldn't even turn off the cold air that was rushing in... I seriously thought about jumping in sky's enclosure and laying under her basking light... Sometimes I feel cold-blooded...

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
LOL. In my area on Friday it was nearly record highs (63), but today the high is supposed to be about 20. At 5 this morning, when I was walking the two and a half miles to work, it was 11. This time of year 36 is down right warm. :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It was 28F when I got up this morning with snow on the ground. Not a lot by most people's standards... even mine... but snow nonetheless. It was thawed by sleety rain and we've had a 'High' of 38F today. I don't mind the cold when the sun is out, but when it's icy rain, it's horrible!

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
Ew so I guess the saying is right "someone always has it worse" sorry to both of you haha I really do need it warm kinda person as soon as it drops below 60 I'm like ahhhh I'm going to die..

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
SBeanie said:
Ew so I guess the saying is right "someone always has it worse" sorry to both of you haha I really do need it warm kinda person as soon as it drops below 60 I'm like ahhhh I'm going to die..

LOL. I'm the complete opposite, if its above 80 I'm miserable, but it has to be below zero before I'm uncomfortable. Its all subjective.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I too have more trouble with heat, I mean you can only take off so many clothes. :D With the cold you can bundle up or use it as an excuse to snuggle under a quilt with a dog or cat or two next to or on you, as you read a good book.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't tolerate the heat, I sweat like crazy, but I like the heat way more then the cold. However, if its cold without snow then I'm okay too:D

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Here in Brooklyn it will hit 58 degrees... Later on in the week it will be under 32 degrees. Everybody is getting sick from the hi's & low temps. I can't stand the heat... Snow seems to be a thing of the past here, except what we had after Sandy hit the area, when we had a nor-easter come thru. The little bit of snow only lasted for the day.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
It's 30 degrees here. This weekend was so warm and I got spoiled. Now I am freezing. I have my office at almost 80 and I am still cold. Maybe I am part lizard??

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Was 19 degrees here this am when I took my son to school....and it is in the 30s now.....we still have snow in the shade....I can't wait for spring! We are in the high desert and I have to say each year I get older I love the 100+ degree weather soooooo much more.....

Status
Not open for further replies.