White stone kinda poop

Jinal

Location (City and/or State)
Mumbai, Mumbai Suburbs
Hi,
I have just joined here and wanted an answer to my query.
Since 3 days , my tortoise is doing all white poop which is also very thick even though he has had french beans yesterday still it's poop is not green at all .
What does that mean ? Please answer me soon....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It means your tortoise has been too dry and dehydrated and its passing a lot of urates.

What species and size tortoise have you got? How are you housing it? How often do you soak it?

Jinal

Mumbai, Mumbai Suburbs
It means your tortoise has been too dry and dehydrated and its passing a lot of urates.

What species and size tortoise have you got? How are you housing it? How often do you soak it?

I soak it every day and it's an Indian star tortoise

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I soak it every day and it's an Indian star tortoise
How long have you had it? How are you housing it?

Urates are the by-product of protein digestion. French beans are very high in protein, and should not be fed to most tortoises in large amounts or very frequently. What are you typically feeding your tortoise? Should be mostly the right types of grasses, weeds, leaves and flowers.

Jinal

Mumbai, Mumbai Suburbs
How long have you had it? How are you housing it?

Urates are the by-product of protein digestion. French beans are very high in protein, and should not be fed to most tortoises in large amounts or very frequently. What are you typically feeding your tortoise? Should be mostly the right types of grasses, weeds, leaves and flowers.
I usually feed it french beans, lady fingers, yam etc