where are all the mulberry tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
From what I've read, their roots are good at buckling sidewalks and concrete type walls. This would also include home foundations.
I did an eBay search and found some smaller trees from someone who feeds their mature tree leaves to their sulcata. once the weather stabilizes here, pnw, I'll be purchasing one for my tort outdoor pen.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
You can always find Many varieties of them for sale on eBay. I also bought some fruitless weeping trees from coastal. He has great trees.

redbeef

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
From what I've read, their roots are good at buckling sidewalks and concrete type walls. This would also include home foundations.
I did an eBay search and found some smaller trees from someone who feeds their mature tree leaves to their sulcata. once the weather stabilizes here, pnw, I'll be purchasing one for my tort outdoor pen.

Absolutely true: they put out a very shallow and fast growing root system...you wouldn't want to plant them closer than, say, 15-20 feet from any building or pool or cement structure.

They're not considered a weed tree out here (at least not the fruitless ones) likely because they wouldn't grow in any non irrigated area: it's too dry. I could see them being more of a weed tree issue in the upper midwest and east coast, though.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Thank you guys. Then I should remove my tree. it is too close to the concrete wall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.