When Sand Works!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
Tom, I am curious. Have you ever kept bearded dragons? Have you had impaction problems with sand specifically with bearded dragons? I do not know anyone who has had a problem with sand and bearded dragons...I know some of the best bearded dragon breeders in the world. When have you proven that the above statement is false? I’m sorry, but I take information from people who have been to Australia that have documented what they do and live on in the wild. Are you really an experienced keeper? Or are you a person who sits behind their computer all day to put down other peoples ways? Because I’ve run into some of those people.
Tom has raised a lot of different reptiles. There is no way at age 11 you are going to know all the experts and have all the experience. Please stop and try to listen. You might just learn something!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Tom, I am curious. Have you ever kept bearded dragons? Have you had impaction problems with sand specifically with bearded dragons? I do not know anyone who has had a problem with sand and bearded dragons...I know some of the best bearded dragon breeders in the world. When have you proven that the above statement is false? I’m sorry, but I take information from people who have been to Australia that have documented what they do and live on in the wild. Are you really an experienced keeper? Or are you a person who sits behind their computer all day to put down other peoples ways? Because I’ve run into some of those people.

I suggest you research Tom on this forum. He is about as far from being a keyboard warrior as you can get. He definitely doesn’t spend all his time in a dark room behind a keyboard spouting information that he only gleaned from the internet or made up in his own head.

What he doesn’t know about rearing reptiles... and other animals for that matter... probably isn’t worth knowing. He is one of those lucky people whose passion for animals is also his job. It’s what he does pretty much all day every day and it has taken him across the globe.

Tom’s opinions may seem blunt, but he and others on this forum have many decades of experience and have made the mistakes. Fortunately they’re willing to share those mistakes so others don’t have to make them too.