What's your favorite thing they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I just love it when my Kiwi shoves her entire head into her drinking water and sits there for a minute drinking. First time I saw it I thought she must be trying to drown herself :) I almost got a picture of it just now, but I spooked her when I got the camera out.

What's your favorite tort behaviors?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
It's raining here today in Alhambra. I looked out my bedroom window and saw that my cat was laying on my rocking chair outside looking at Fernando's enclosure rather strangely. I knew at that point Fernando must be scratching to get out. When I went out and opened up his door he was right there. I then went back in the house and looked out my bedroom window again and there was Fernando out in the rain eating the grass and weeds, wow was he hungry. :p I guess the rain doesn't bother him at all. So one of my all time favorite things is to look out the window and watch Fernando doing anything! He is sooooo cute! :D I just love all of my animals, there is nothing like them. :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I love it when they come it the side of the table when they see or hear me. They look like they are thinking Mommy pick me up. So cute.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I love watching Penny do big tortie stuff, she is so little and it cracks me up how she walks around, flicks dirt, or head bumps everything, and then passes out cold right where she stops arms legs all spread out, like she just ran a 10K! SO CUTE!!!

Daisy Lou, I have had for a week, but is it crazy to watch her eat, CHOMP, CHOMP, CHOMP!! I think I am used to Pennies tiny bites, it was shocking to watch Daisy Lou!!!

I love it when Rusty, sits in his pond and puts his head underwater looking for fish!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Regarding fernado in the wild CDT will often emerge when it rains while hibernating and fill their bladders and exchange urates, eating grass is unusual but not uncommon.

Sorry I went OT my favorite thing is when I see my RES all stacked up on one and another like a pyramid enjoying the sun.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I never cover the glass vivariums because I like to interact with my boxies and my torts. One of my favorite things is when my boxie's see me and sit there and wait for something to eat.
075-2.jpg

Pio will sit for hours watching me clean, thinking he'll get something too.
And little Solo, who now always sits on top of his hide will come down as soon as he sees me coming with the food. He'll come right up to my hand and start to eat whatever I have right out of my hand, before I put it down. I love when they are so unafraid. That's one of the reasons that I don't cover the front of the viv's.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
i dont really have a specific favorite thing cuz i love every move he makes but i love it when he is super Tobi like he is trying to fly w/ all four up

2ef2352.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I think it is great when they follow you around and just sit beside you. Of course they want an apple!

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I love watching them eat. The little fat pink tongues are just too cute!

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
Bert LOVED haveing his shell scratched, espically his butt end. he will get it going back and fourth like he is danceing!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
sara said:
Bert LOVED haveing his shell scratched, espically his butt end. he will get it going back and fourth like he is danceing!

Ours do that when they want you to stop.

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
terryo said:
I never cover the glass vivariums because I like to interact with my boxies and my torts. One of my favorite things is when my boxie's see me and sit there and wait for something to eat.
075-2.jpg

Pio will sit for hours watching me clean, thinking he'll get something too.
And little Solo, who now always sits on top of his hide will come down as soon as he sees me coming with the food. He'll come right up to my hand and start to eat whatever I have right out of my hand, before I put it down. I love when they are so unafraid. That's one of the reasons that I don't cover the front of the viv's.

HAHAHA i loved the picture!

I love when hatchlings are still getting used to human contact...
They usually bite me, and I find this really funny...
So tiny and angry hahaha
I bet they think they are huge crocodiles protecting themselves. I guess They have no idea of how tiny they are.

Also.. something I find really funny, its when I place a bunch of opuntia red fruits outside...
when I come out later, or next day, they are walking around with red lipstick look alike color around their mouth... they look like clowns... and it actually looks like if they where smiling. lol, they look so happily

Status
Not open for further replies.