Tortoise wake up dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseNoHare

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
I recently got my first tortoise (Leonard) and I have been slowly learning about his personality!

My favorite thing so far is when he wakes up, he has this dance pattern.
He bobs his head and legs up and down a couple times, then switched to moving his head in and out of his shell. He only does it when he wakes up and only for maybe a minute!

what are some of your guys funny tort things!? I wanna hear all of themmmm!

<3, ally.

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 70

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...this must be something that redfoots do, because you are not the first redfoot owner to say this. It was just brought up last week..does he wiggle his butt? I am fostering an adult redfoot, i have not noticed that with him. You are in for a treat...redfoots are so neat...

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, i am glad i dont have the only head bobbing torts.my guys like regae music. jimmy cliff, and bob marley. i put the music on and they know i am getting their food ready.they sit there waiting for me bobbing their heads rocking out. i have done this since day one. i got some music loving heading bobing cakes.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Great stuff!

My Hermann's, Elsa, never sleeps in any of her hides- she prefers to completely bury herself in her substrate. When she digs out in the morning she always has a miniature mountain of dirt on her back and doesn't know it! It gradually falls off, bit by bit, but until it does she looks pretty silly! She looks at me like "What are you laughing at?"

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
anytime i put anything new in my leopards enclosure, (rocks, logs, ect) she has to go investigate. her investigating consists of her poking everything with her nose. BOOP! she doesn't taste it or hover close to it to smell it...just pokes it with her nose repeatedly. like 4 times haha. BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP ROCK.

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
My spoiled rotten Rosie likes to ram her wall in her crib when it's breakfast time, she will do it over and over till she gets her way and when she wants it she wants it right now. After breakfast and a good soak and doing her business it's off to the living room to run around and watch tv with her daddy. I love my Rosie like she is one of my kids and I think that spoiled rotten tort realizes it lol

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
JohnBoy1 said:
My spoiled rotten Rosie likes to ram her wall in her crib when it's breakfast time, she will do it over and over till she gets her way and when she wants it she wants it right now. After breakfast and a good soak and doing her business it's off to the living room to run around and watch tv with her daddy. I love my Rosie like she is one of my kids and I think that spoiled rotten tort realizes it lol
i know the feeling! good for rosie.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
stinax182 said:
anytime i put anything new in my leopards enclosure, (rocks, logs, ect) she has to go investigate. her investigating consists of her poking everything with her nose. BOOP! she doesn't taste it or hover close to it to smell it...just pokes it with her nose repeatedly. like 4 times haha. BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP ROCK.

Ha ha! I'd like to see that!

TortoiseNoHare

5 Year Member
Cincinnati, OH
These are great! I'm really excited to get to learn all these things about him :x

you guys seem just as thrilled as I am!

I have read that redfoots are super wiggly, which is perfect but as myself happen to be a wiggler. I havent noticed him moving his butt too much, it's mostly his head and front legs. I also caught him today wiggling in his water dish!

TortoiseNoHare

5 Year Member
Cincinnati, OH
stinax182 said:

I've seen Leonard doing this as well! When I got some new moss for his home, he just dug his face in it a couple times then walked around from it.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
TortoiseNoHare said:
I've seen Leonard doing this as well! When I got some new moss for his home, he just dug his face in it a couple times then walked around from it.

haha! i recently put some forest moss in her enclosure and she did the same thing! i thought she was eating because she was face deep in it haha. it must smell good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.