WHAT IS THIS??

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
No it lacks the prefrontal scale that the redfoots have. Notice the two parallel scutes leading to the nostrils.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Hi,
Yes but he does have a small one after those before the nostrils? lol
That can occur. Redfoots have a scale that goes from the top extending around the nostrils. Yours does not show that scale.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
If you get an above shot of the head tomorrow that can further confirm it, but i am certain that what you have is a yellowfoot.

Kelly71

Location (City and/or State)
london ontario canada
Hi,
Sorry that is an old pic and I just really started seeing it good. The one vet I took him to said he had one but I could not see it yet? lol
Now I have just started seeing it good? Thanks

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Take a pic tomorrow but the vet was wrong. They can be hard to dicern from each other but this one is obviously a yellow. Trust me.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
The vet never did say what he was just that he had another small scale after the 2 long ones? Do you have a Yellowfoot? Thanks

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
My girlfriend and I have redfoots. I know what the difference is because I have looked closely into it several times because of the yellow coloration of one of ours that we rescued. Yours looks nothing like our reds.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
You seem to know alot about torts, did you look at the first pics of this thread? Do you know what those bubble like swirl marks
are on Sunnys shell and the bottom of the other persons? I have had 2 things told to me what they might be? Thanks

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Im not sure what it is exactly, but it is nothing to worry about. Almost all tortoises have this. I beleive it has something to do with water, but @Tom may know better. Nothing to worry about.

Killerrookie

Your tortoise is a Yellow foot for sure and no question about it. Dorsal head view of a red-foot and a Yellow-foots. Red-foots have a single prefrontal scale at the tip of the nose, while yellows have two large prefrontal scales running parallel to one another.

Last edited: