WHAT IS THIS??

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
They can go away but it's a good thing, so keep doing what you're doing! I know when my hypos first developed them I thought it looked ugly/weird until I found out they were something positive. You probably won't notice them as much once your little guy starts getting bigger and darkening up.

Killerrookie

They can go away but it's a good thing, so keep doing what you're doing! I know when my hypos first developed them I thought it looked ugly/weird until I found out they were something positive. You probably won't notice them as much once your little guy starts getting bigger and darkening up.
Did you say hypos???

Killerrookie

The coolest thing I've seen in a tortoise! Go check out Jeffs little creations of amazing work! He's known on here as N2TORTS.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ

Killerrookie

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
From the shell I thought Sunny looked like a yellowfoot tortoise, but I'd have to see her nose scales to be sure.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
I was told he/she does have the colour scale on the end of the nose? So kind of funny what is it mix? It is to small to see in a pic? But also has the 2 long ones before that? What do you mine buy looks like a circuit board? lol

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
You have a yellowfoot no doubt. No mix no hypo mix that does not exist. Just a yellowfoot.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
Oh thanks I thought someone told me to go to this site :tort:Check out HYPNOTIC TORTOISES on FB:tort:and there were lots of
mixes of the 2? Are you saying there is no such a mix of the 2 out there? Thanks

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Hi,
Oh thanks I thought someone told me to go to this site :tort:Check out HYPNOTIC TORTOISES on FB:tort:and there were lots of
mixes of the 2? Are you saying there is no such a mix of the 2 out there? Thanks
There is no hypo mix?.. If a tort is hypoluecistic it lacks pigment. It cant be half and half its not a different species. Yellowfoot and redfoot mixes are said to exist but are EXTREMELY unlikely and most often resemble red foots coloration more than yellows. What you have is a yellowfoot tortoise. Trying to think it is a mix is not going to change what you have. Your tortoise is a Yellowfoot.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Hi,

All of the "morphs" such as albino (various sorts) and hypo (various sorts) are results of genetic abnormality. Mostly, there is no such thing as a mix, and your tortoise is most certainly a yellow foot (or redfoot, no head pics have been posted, and no solid identification can be made from blurry carapace pics..?)

Now, there are "paradoxes" that seem to appear in snakes. I'm no geneticist, so I'm not entirely sure what anomaly is to blame for pied-ball pythons (ball pythons with both albino and normal pigmentation), but I've never heard of such a thing in turtles.

So, not a mix. ;)

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Please post a pic of the head so we can finally stop guessing about the type of tort you have and make it easy.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
Sorry didnt mean to start anything? lol I just went to that site someone set me and there were mixes of the 2 on there?
Maybe they are not telling the truth and I have to say a big SORRY the site was called N2TORTS. That I saw them selling mixes. This is the best pic of Sunnys head. He has 2 long ones and then one very small one after just before his nose? I dont think you could even see
it in a pic. Thanks