Well Water?

Crush da Baum

Location (City and/or State)
Brooksville
I was thinking of using a little kitty pool and filling it up with the hose so my torts can soak outside for a while. Is well water safe.

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Well water is safe to use ?. If it’s good enough for us to drink then it’s fine for your tortoise ?. It is all I use for mine

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was thinking of using a little kitty pool and filling it up with the hose so my torts can soak outside for a while. Is well water safe.
Depends on the water coming out of your well. Some well water is not so good. If your well water is oaky to drink and okay shower in, then it should be fine for your tortoises. All of my tortoises are on well water.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Depends on the water coming out of your well. Some well water is not so good. If your well water is oaky to drink and okay shower in, then it should be fine for your tortoises. All of my tortoises are on well water.
Well we shower in it but rarely drink it. I doubt it would hurt us and we did get it tested because we just built here and it had an abundance of minerals like iron that changes the taste but the guy said it was not enough to be harmful. Although I do not know if it would differ given that my torts are much much smaller than me. I decided to just use some gallons of spring water I bought from Publix to be safe.