Weather Where You Are

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Here at the Beach in Northern Neck of Virginia it's going to get super cold. Not something I haven't seen before but in the teens at night for a few days. No snow just rain and high winds as the rain is pushed out and the cold temps move in. I've seen pics and videos of what's happening weather wise throughout the 48 lower states and it's not looking good for some that's not used to very cold temperatures. I've even heard that down at the southern border it will be in the 20s F over night What's the weather like "now" where you live, wherever in the world your located. I keep a close eye on my local weather forecast because I have sulcatas that live outside year round.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Here at the Beach in Northern Neck of Virginia it's going to get super cold. Not something I haven't seen before but in the teens at night for a few days. No snow just rain and high winds as the rain is pushed out and the cold temps move in. I've seen pics and videos of what's happening weather wise throughout the 48 lower states and it's not looking good for some that's not used to very cold temperatures. I've even heard that down at the southern border it will be in the 20s F over night What's the weather like "now" where you live, wherever in the world your located. I keep a close eye on my local weather forecast because I have sulcatas that live outside year round.
South Florida
It's still been in the 80s during the day and 70s at night. But it's supposed to dip into the 50s at night this weekend.
My Redfoot house heater is set up for that

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We dropped into the high 20s over night last week. It happens occasionally here over winter. Most days still got into the 60s and now we are back into the 70s during the day again. Much better tortoise weather.

Len B

10 Year Member!
We dropped into the high 20s over night last week. It happens occasionally here over winter. Most days still got into the 60s and now we are back into the 70s during the day again. Much better tortoise weather.
We got into the 40s today with sun and tomorrow predicted around 50 with rain then Fridays high 51 but that's a midnight temp. Dropping to the teens as they day goes on.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
…tastes like “Jack Daniels” ..?
lol...tequila was my drink of choice...we need to add some sorta game fill in the blank...I like that "take one" game...it sounds easy, but ...
I drink a lot of coffee. I like coffee. I especially like Cajun coffee, thick, strong and sweet. I'm freakin tired of the grinding my beans thing and I want one of those fancy machines where you just add the pod...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Len: At 5:30p I watch national news with David Muir. His main news story last night was the bad weather the east coast is expecting. Here's hoping you and all your galloping and walking sulcatas make it to the other side ok. Be safe!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Today it's 45°f but tonight it's supposed to drop to -1°f. Sapphire lives inside for the winter so he'll be okay heat wise. The hard part is keeping the humidity high enough in his room when it's that cold. It's not impossible though unless the electricity goes out. I do have other ways though up my sleeve.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Hi Len: At 5:30p I watch national news with David Muir. His main news story last night was the bad weather the east coast is expecting. Here's hoping you and all your galloping and walking sulcatas make it to the other side ok. Be safe!
Thanks for the concern Yvonne. As long as we don't lose power while I'm sleeping everything should be fine. Our power company is pretty good about keeping the trees cut back from the power lines but they can't cut them all. We are just catching the edge of the big blow predicting winds of 20 to 30 mph with gust of 50. The temps aren't going to start dropping until around noon tomorrow with a steady drop down to 12F sometime Saturday. It's all the people that usually don't have super cold weather like what happened in Texas last year that I'm thinking about.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
lol...tequila was my drink of choice...we need to add some sorta game fill in the blank...I like that "take one" game...it sounds easy, but ...
I drink a lot of coffee. I like coffee. I especially like Cajun coffee, thick, strong and sweet. I'm freakin tired of the grinding my beans thing and I want one of those fancy machines where you just add the pod...
I'm a big coffee drinker. All day long that's all I drink. We have the single pod Keurig and a regular coffee maker plus a cappuccino machine. I like strong black coffee. I also can do the flavored and love the cappuccino.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The only thing that's making me nervous is the high winds that are supposed to be the next 3 days. 30-40 or higher mph. Thank God it's supposed to turn into fluffy snow after the ice storm 🤔🥶

Len B

10 Year Member!
It's 54F at midnight here at the Beach, In 24 hours it's supposed to drop to 12F. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to do something I very seldom do. I'm going to lock the sulcatas in their houses after they have some outside time to eat and graze. That's if they come out at all the pressure dropped below 30 a little bit ago here which effects their activity. Walker hasn't been coming out to eat until about a half hour before sundown lately but he was out before noon today grazed on fallen leaves and drank a lot of water but didn't come back out this evening.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
For the last week or so we've been having daytime 60's and nights in the 30's...we were freezing! 🥶 But now we're hitting 70's, and nights in the 40's. Christmas Day is supposed to be 78°! It's hard to dress for Christmas when it's that warm, and we can't wear our ugly sweaters 😮

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
For the last week or so we've been having daytime 60's and nights in the 30's...we were freezing! 🥶 But now we're hitting 70's, and nights in the 40's. Christmas Day is supposed to be 78°! It's hard to dress for Christmas when it's that warm, and we can't wear our ugly sweaters 😮
Bite me!!! cold my a**. Yesterday I left at 5:30 am to go to OSU to pick up my grandson who works there...I zipped over and back. It was 27 degrees. Then at 9 am I hadda go back to town, now it's 23 degrees...my heater doesn't blow hot so I am bundled up with a blanket over my lap, I was warm enuf...so I went out to the hiway about 1/2 a mile away...A 2 lane 55 mph hiway. I sit at the stop sign...and there's my spot...and I do see the semi coming, so out I go and sorta step on it...and my *** end came around and my front end made a left turn...OMG! almost completely sideways...of course there was no accident...but sometimes I scare myself. we were supposed to have ice and snow all week end...but it's 40 degrees now and supposed to be in the 50's. Merry Christmas