Freezing Cold Or Boiling Hot Weather?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I'd choose hot, though it's not a really fair question because I've never really experienced living where it gets hot hot. Where I live (Cleveland) we get lots of freezing cold. Our "hot" weather is what most would just call a bit warm. So seeing as I have never really experienced real heat, I'm guessing I would choose boiling hot.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Brrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
I got offered a chance to go and do some geological research once, but it would have been 4 to 8 months.
And i'd just got back from 4 months in the Sahara and before that 6 weeks in Saudi.
One extreme to the other, I was exhausted so declined.
Wish i'd said yes now, but it's too cold for me to function properly.
I don't think you would have put up with that freezing cold weather, do you? Why do you wish that you'd said 'Yes' if you say that it's too cold for you?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I don't think you would have put up with that freezing cold weather, do you? Why do you wish that you'd said 'Yes' if you say that it's too cold for you?
It's nice and warm in the bases themselves and the experience !!!! Wow!
It's the undiscovered country for paleontologists, i'd go now and wrap up very warm.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'd choose hot, though it's not a really fair question because I've never really experienced living where it gets hot hot. Where I live (Cleveland) we get lots of freezing cold. Our "hot" weather is what most would just call a bit warm. So seeing as I have never really experienced real heat, I'm guessing I would choose boiling hot.
I see your point: your are guessing. But in the Middle East (especially in the Gulf), it really gets boiling hot, in June, July August and at times even part of September.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Wow! You're another one I totally disagree with.
I will say though, if it were just me and no animals I'd live as far north of the equator as I could get....BUT....in another few years I intend to move south where it is even warmer simply for the best interests of my tortoises and other animals.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I will say though, if it were just me and no animals I'd live as far north of the equator as I could get....BUT....in another few years I intend to move south where it is even warmer simply for the best interests of my tortoises and other animals.
Here I mean the members, not torts or any other pets.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I've always had a fascination with Antarctica. Some day in the distant future, I'll take a trip there.:) So, I choose cold.

I'll be your Antarctica buddy if you ever go. I've seriously thought about trying to get a job there for a season. Really wish I had done it back when my life was simpler.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
That said, I'd choose hot over cold. I've never had my extremities go numb from the heat. And sweating is good for you.

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
It depends on how cold ur talking. Don't care for really hot cause of the work I do

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It depends on how cold ur talking. Don't care for really hot cause of the work I do
Hi. I mean literally two extremes:

a) very hot weather to mean temperature reaching 45 degrees Celcius or
b) very cold weather with temperature dropping below zero degrees Celcius

and nothing in the middle!

Could you give me an answer?