Water movement/bubbler ?

lloydw780

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
Was just thinking of some things I could add to my Hermanns enclosure to kinda keep him interested and was curious if anyone has placed a bubbler in their water dish ? I have a spare 8" terracotta saucer that I was thinking of placing a bubbler in to keep some water movement and I'm sure it could assist with humidity as well. Originally thought of adding a water fall with a shallow water basin but ruled that out as silly and nearly impossible to keep clean and flowing. Feel free to attach any photos you have of your enclosure to give more ideas.
Cheers ! 🇨🇦🐢

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Years ago. (Many) I used to increase the humidity in my indoors Redfoot enclosures by using an airstone attached to an aquarium air pump in a tube of water.
It did work. But my Redfoot always knocked over the water or ripped out the air tubing, etc.
With a correctly set up CLOSED chamber enclosure, nothing like that is needed.

Last edited:

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Enrichment has always been on my mind. Ensure has limited end to end vision by using low stones, hides /Plants etc... another user on here bought a hamster style wheel, my tortoise is larger and I then searched larger wheel used for pet rats. I added shower anti slip tape and speedy loves it he falls asleep on it, spins it throughout the day and I am so pleased to have found this. Depending on space you could introduce a wheel. Unusual but brilliant!