New turtles, wondering about possible health problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I just purchased 2 red earned sliders off of Craigslist, and before the purchase I asked for pick and the tank size. I was told they were in a 20 long tank. When I picked them up, they were in a 10 gallon tank. The female is about 5-6 inches, and the male is a good bit smaller, abut 3 inches. I was told they were clutch mates and are aprox 2 years old. I also noticed that they didn't have any uv bulbs for them and no where to bask, they only had an inch or two of water in the tank. And there wasn't a filter in the tank, only a bubbler.

They are both now in a 150-200 gallon pond with plenty of room to bask and swim. They seem very happy in their new enclosure. I did notice that the bottom of the female's shell was rough looking

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
It's great that you have got them in such a better situation. What is your exact question regarding their health?

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I'll try to get some pictures posted soon. And I just wanted to now if there was anything I needed to keep an eye out for. Also if there is anything I can do for the females shell, it's cracked and peeling on the bottom.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
The cracked and peeling shell is it most likely shedding, pics would help out.

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
UPDATE: got the turtles out of the pond today, their names are ow Bonnie and Clyde. Their shells are looking 10 x better than they did a few days ago, I guess all they needed was a better environment

Status
Not open for further replies.