water dish placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripdsawyer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Should I put it on the warm side or cool side? I have the food on the cool side so it doesn't whither up...but not sure on water. Where do u guys have it?

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
I have heard a variety of things. Some people keep it on the warm side where there heat lamp is because it keeps humidity up, but then you would pry have to fill it up more often. Some people have their food on the cold side so they also put their water over there as well. I don't think there is any harm done either way, its all up to you and how you want your design to come out.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I have two lamps: a UV/heat/light bulb in the hot end, and a fluorescent/low heat in the cool end which is where I have my water (half under the light, half not under the light - its a large flat bowl type thing. I put it here because the low heat keeps humidity up but it doesnt evaporate it too much. With the water in this position humidity = 85%+, without it the humidity drops to 50%

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I put mine between the hot end (CHE) and my basking light so it stays warm. I don't know if they truly have a preference, but mine seem to like warmer soaks than cooler ones so I figured I go with the same for the water dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.