updated pics and growth chart of 1 yr old leopards

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Well its been forever since I have been on here. I guess life has gotten out of hand. I need to check in more often I know, Sorry.

I have noticed BB is getting a bit lumpy and i think its from over eating, he weights so much more than salty and salty looks much smoother. There habitat is the same and i see bb always eating, salty is always sleeping.

I wonder if theres any thing else i could do different. What type of sponges do people use? I was thinking about making there hide different, more compact.

3-8-12005-1.jpg

3-8-12004-1.jpg

3-8-12003-1.jpg

3-8-12002-1.jpg

3-8-12006-1.jpg

3-8-12001-1.jpg

growth.jpg

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Cool chart, I think you meant to write that salty was born 1/10/2010, not 1/10/2009, am I right? They don't look to be a year apart.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
lol...your the first to have caught that in a year of me posting this!!!

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
terracolson said:
lol...your the first to have caught that in a year of me posting this!!!

So they are about 14-16 months old now?

As far as overeating I'm not sure. Did you spray their shells daily from the day you got them? Humid hide, etc?

My Sif weighs about 150g (Babcocki) and her shell is almost 100% smooth. She is exactly 12 months old.

Very good chart though. I also weigh weekly. Definitely helps give new comers something to go on.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
How often do you soak them?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well during the summer the last year, they lived outside, and i think that made them a little lumpy. I dont spray them daily, i do keep there enclosure very humid. I think it is coming from a few months of outside living, but maybe the effects took a few additional months to show.

I put them back in my kitchen so i pay more attention to them an spray them more often.

I did slack off on soaking them the last few months. I only soaked them once a week. I have been noticing bb's little head looking dry. So i have increased spraying him.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I think keeping them well hydrated will be more beneficial than anything. I soak mine at least every other day, I try to do it everyday. Soaking them and getting their shells wet will do a lot more than just spraying alone. That way they are getting the water inside of them, as well as moisture on the outside.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
I'm jealous, me being half a$$ didn't do a backup of my growth charts and I just lost the hard drive in my computer! On a better note I got a new IMac but that doesn't get back the lost pics and info off my old computer.

Your torts look great though! I would try to mist and soak more often if you don't want the pyramiding to continue.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Terra. Miss you. Glad they are doing well. I agree with all of the above in regards to the pyramiding. More misting. More soaking. A real proper humid hide box. I like them to get sun for several hours a day at that age, but then I like for them to sleep in the humid hide box. I also spray them and wet down the whole enclosure for sunning on warm/hot summer days. I think it helps offset the drying effect of the sun.

They still look way better than any leopard I ever raised in the past.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well guys, I just got back for teh tortoise club meeting and it seems my torts are bigger than any of the others from the same clutch. i wonder why mine look months older?
oh and my pc crashed and i just lost my entire spread sheet..err..Glad i got a copy on here!!

Also i will work on a better hide for them... tom can you sed me a picture of yours or cory? send it to my email if you can [email protected] or post on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.