Status
Not open for further replies.

TanknTurbo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, TX
Thank you for asking, Meg!

Turbo is doing sooo much better! We moved her to paper towel and have been putting on neosporin twice a day. Her injury is almost completely healed now, thank goodness! Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and very well-guided instructions! I definitely attribute the injury to poor substrate and her carapace rubbing on the back legs.

Here are some updates pics of our sweet Turbo. Hey Danny, are we will thinking female Antakyan greek? She's got that irregular scute that is kind of unusual and I can't quite determine if the 5th - or last scute I should say, is really wider than the rest. She was hatched in the Spring of 2006.

TurboLegUpdate.jpg
TurboCarapace.jpg
TurboPlasteron.jpg
TurboRear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Her legs look much better :D Yup I'm still thinking female and Antakyan greek. Hatchlings and young adults don't seem to have the last vertebral scute as the widest. That seems to come as adults. Thats why it's hard to ID hatchlings without seeing the parents also.

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
She looks great! I'm glad she's doing better! I have such a soft spot for Greeks....

TanknTurbo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Austin, TX
We just took these pics of Turbo's legs a few minutes ago. What a difference from the first picture I posted a few weeks ago, right?! :) She's more active than ever on her new firmer substrate of soil, sand, and a bit of cypress mulch for humidity. Her legs are 99% healed and we are still applying neosporin daily (down to just once a day now though).

Also as a sidenote, ever since separating her from her bigger, and always antagonizing brother, Tank, she has been a MUCH happier girl. She is even eating more - a lot more actually! It's sad because all along we thought she was eating just fine when she was in the enclosure with Tank, but now that she rules the roost in her own enclosure she is eating an entire small plate of food by herself! I'd say at least twice as much as she was eating before! It's wonderful, but makes us feel so guilty for not separating them earlier. To everyone wondering if you might need to separate your tortoises due to one bullying the other, my advice to you is to do it as soon as possible!

Thanks again for the wisdom of tortoiseforum!

Attachments

• TurboLeg6.15.09.jpg
    TurboLeg6.15.09.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 11
  • TurboLeg6.15.09closer.jpg
    TurboLeg6.15.09closer.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 9
  • IfeelBetter(Turbo).jpg
    IfeelBetter(Turbo).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SleepyFaceTurbo.jpg
    SleepyFaceTurbo.jpg