Update on Ted (new enclosure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
Sorry, I have been away but I have been uber busy. I recently got some time off and built a new enclosure for Ted. Pictures below...Photo043.jpgPhoto044.jpgPhoto045.jpgPhoto046.jpgPhoto047.jpgPhoto048.jpgPhoto049.jpgPhoto050.jpgPhoto051.jpgPhoto052.jpg

Saddly, my youngest son's beloved cat passed yesterday. He was quietly and gently euthanized at the vet at my son's own behest. He was in the presence of my son to the end and was very comfortable. I wish we all could go that way when our time comes. He was interred at the family pet cemetery in a quiet ceremony, and we are glad he is no longer in pain, even as sad as we are. My son said the hardest thing was remembering the good times he spent with him, but knowing they would never come again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
dalano73 said:
Looks very good and your tort looks to be enjoying it as well..
He took to it in a couple of hours, which surprised me, and tried to get to the second level right away. The wood was too slick so I glued corse sandpaper to it and he goes up there at least twice a day. Now that it is warm out, I have to see about building him one for outside.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I am sure he will love one outside, I would have never thought about using sand paper, I have always used popsicle sticks when making a ramp for traction..

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son's kitty. It sounds like your son took it well and I am glad that the kitty was not alone at the end. Love to your family.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
So what would be good plants to plant that he could snack on? Any links to good threads?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Great job, it's sweet :) So sorry for the loss of your cat :(

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
spider plant, christmas cactus, baby's tears, and aloe vera are some that are ok/edible. Spider plants are nice because they are like a grass so torts can hide under them.
many use this site as a guide:
http://www.africantortoise.com/edible_landscaping.htm.

Cool, I have tons of spider plants. Thanks for the link.

Missy said:
Great job, it's sweet :) So sorry for the loss of your cat :(

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.