update on my spiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta Canada Eh
Well they have settled in very well and aren't shy :)
they do spend a ton of time hiding but they seem to come out and eat when i make a good disturbance cleaning or mist them down and every once in a while you can catch one at the water dish. Im thinking of downsizing there enclosure? they are in a 5 foot by 3 foot and it seems very big for the amount of activities they do. I have a 75G terrarium i was thinking would be better for them what do you guys think?
Also do you soak them often and get them to eat or just leave them be and do it on there own?
037-2_zps819ed7d2.jpg

043-4_zps16353822.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Gosh those are pretty tortoises. I know nothing about them, but we always say about habitats, bigger is better. I know on another thread Will said something about a small habitat.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
They look great!

You could go either way with the enclosure. I have my group of four juveniles in a 6 x 3 enclosure that is full of plants. I love it for them, but I makes heating a tough issue in my cool basement. I don't think your enclosure is too large, as long as your temps are good, which I'm sure they are. A bigger enclosure also provides a healthy distance for them from each other, which I'm sure is appreciated by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.