Tortstork Made History!

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
What a cute tort baby! I also was wondering what is in the mazuri mix? Also, what makes up the incubator for her when you first got her?
Thank you! I have a Hovabator 1602N. I asked the breeder what temp he was incubating her at, then I got mine warmed up and ready for her arrival.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Update on Kapeka: She's a whole week old! Likes to bask under her light, enjoys her morning soaks (and generally poops in them), is grazing her food throughout the day, and loves to nap in her humid hide.

She wasn't sure what to do about this hibiscus flower, so she admired it for about 10 seconds and went on her way.20180808_155307.jpeg

Triz

Modesto, ca
Thanks! My Mazuri Mix just has the Zoo Med "Gourmet Tortoise Food" pellets added to it. Sometimes for my adults I'll add hay flakes or dried weeds and flowers (which I order from Tortoise Supply in Nevada).
Thanks for the info, do you happen to know the name of the feed store or where in Nevada it might be? I'm heading to Nevada tomorrow it would be awesome if it was on my way haha

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the info, do you happen to know the name of the feed store or where in Nevada it might be? I'm heading to Nevada tomorrow it would be awesome if it was on my way haha
Heres the link to the exact stuff: https://www.tortoisesupply.com/HerbalHay

They are located in Las Vegas. (702) 277-1992
Tyler and Sarah Stewart

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Kapeka seems to have started getting into a routine now.

Today was the second morning she pooped during her soak before breakfast, she is eating most of her food throughout the day, and today she was out and basking more instead of hiding and sleeping.

galapagosgirl1

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I bought a Russian Tortoise egg from Randy Betz at Tortstork. He usually ships tortoise eggs within 48 of when they were laid, but we tried something different with mine.

This egg was laid on May 23, 2018, and had been in the incubator for 68 days. He shipped it overnight to me and it arrived this morning.

As I was carefully opening up my package I discovered that not only did the egg arrive perfectly fine, but the baby already started to hatch during the cross-country trip!

She is now in my incubator to finish hatching, which she is working on (I know it can take a few days).

Pretty amazing! Since she's a Russian I gave her a good Russian name, "Kapeka," which means "little stork." I'm very excited to add her to my tortoise family.

p.s. Her 3 clutch siblings also started to hatch today too!View attachment 246811View attachment 246812View attachment 246813View attachment 246815View attachment 246817
Is that Bread I see?? If so, a rather cool idea.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
They don't have a physical store. You have to order online or by phone.