"Tortoises of the World" booklet.. join in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I have submitted this idea to Josh -

How about if we create a booklet type thing that includes as many different tortoises "from all over the planet" that we are keeping in captivity. Each species would have a half-page FULL COLOR pic represented.. with 'sub-species/color morphs' shown in smaller pics. A brief history, etc. of each would be included.. with all of the credits.

This is not a calendar.. we'll work out the details as we go. Ideas and support is more than welcome!

I would be happy to 'publish' this if need be.. and each "featured" contributor would of course get a 'complimentary' copy.

JOIN IN EVERYBODY!!!

Thanks - NERD

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds neat. My first question is, how do we decide whose pictures to use? For instance we have well over 100 sulcatas in here.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
As I have a few ivories...it dawned on me that perhaps we should use ALL color phases as well...just a thought.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
DeanS said:
As I have a few ivories...it dawned on me that perhaps we should use ALL color phases as well...just a thought.

Absolutely Dean.. that's what I meant when I said 'sub-species/color morphs'

Jacqui .. I could choose a half dozen of each and we could vote on them? Understood there are a number of species that are the most 'popular'! The "best-of-the-best" will represent "Tortoises of the World"!

Keep comin' everybody.............

NERD

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
What a dumbass...I didn't even see that...SORRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.