Tortoise Won't Eat!

Leah G.

I'll post pictures once I get it all the way built:D and I'm happy to let you know that when I went home for lunch during school, I went and checked on him and he had eaten some of his salad I placed for him!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I'll post pictures once I get it all the way built:D and I'm happy to let you know that when I went home for lunch during school, I went and checked on him and he had eaten some of his salad I placed for him!
Great news @Leah G. !

Leah G.

Hi everyone! It’s been a long while since I updated....woops. So not only does my tortoise Dozer have a nice big enclosure now, but I also discovered that “he” is a she! Figured this out awhile ago after the pet store told me that she was a male haha. She has plenty of room to roam about, and even has an upper level to her enclosure. In the second pic she’s on the upper level hiding in her lamp that no longer works or has a bulb in it haha. I think she’s happier than ever and loves feeding time!

53DC3460-4836-4CA6-9F8D-1ECCF72EF20C.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Leah G.

Hi everyone! It’s been a long while since I updated....woops. So not only does my tortoise Dozer have a nice big enclosure now, but I also discovered that “he” is a she! Figured this out awhile ago after the pet store told me that she was a male haha. She has plenty of room to roam about, and even has an upper level to her enclosure. In the second pic she’s on the upper level hiding in her lamp that no longer works or has a bulb in it haha. I think she’s happier than ever and loves feeding time!
Also sorry for the caption, my friend took that and sent me it so hopefully no one takes it too seriously. I’m currently away so he’s taking good care of her for me!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Looks like she’s done some growing!

I’m glad you have a friend keeping a close eye on your tortoise. I don’t think anyone here will bust your chops over a one-time issue but your friend might consider that that word is not well received in many environments, even if his friends and family are totally okay with it.

Keep on enjoying your healthy tortoise!