Tortoise theft in Lodi, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Arizona
jbean7916 said:
"never had the intent to steal"????? What other intent is there when you are putting LIVE ANIMALS in your purse????

lmao! I love what people say when they are caught! So stupid! "it wasn't me", but we have you on camera, "uh it wasn't me"..... :rolleyes:

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Laura was right! They were left on the doorstep. That whole article kinda made me chuckle, if only because of the following excerpts:

The animals which included a bearded dragon lizard, a Russian tortoise and a turtle were placed in a box and left at the front door Monday afternoon. Their value is worth $700.
Now they are worth $700? I'm just glad they were returned, but really, that must have been one heck of a beardie morph (and turtle) to amount to $700. In the video they all looked normal to me...just sayin'...

The letter stated that the two women had seen themselves on the news and that they never had the intent to steal.
You went to a pet shop, and shoved animals into your purse. This is akin to going to a clothing store and shoving clothes into your purse. If that isn't an "intent to steal", I don't know what is...:rolleyes:

I'm just glad that the police are going to pursue it regardless of the letter those two geniuses wrote. They stole the animals.
I wonder if they will try to claim they were just borrowing them if they ever go to court? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.