Tortoise quilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

This past year I have taken up quilting (all self taught). I have been looking for a tortoise quilt pattern but could not find any so I designed one myself. Below are some pictures of the quilt design made from some scrap fabric I had. I wanted to share it with other tortoise lovers.
tort quilt1.JPG
tort quilt 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Nice job! That looks great! My neighbor quilts, I'm going to ask her if she'll make me a small tortoise quilt!

M

Maggie Cummings

That's beautiful! I love the colors, are you going to sell it?

S

Scooter

Not this one, this one is just a small version its only about place mat size. I didn't want to try a full size one and the design not work lol. I will be making a full size one (or more) now that I know the pattern looks good.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Did you sew it by hand or is it machine sewn? It is very nice. :) How long did it take you to make it? :)

S

Scooter

This one did not take very long to make since its a smaller trial, For regular size quilts the time it takes me usually depends on my work schedule. Usually its machine sewn, occasionally I will do some hand sewing on the body of the quilt but the binding is hand sewn.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
very nice job!!! I admire your work and ambition!! I have problems sticking to large projects. I can't wait to see the big one!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Very nice! I love the hot pink and green and the more abstract tortoise design. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.