Quilt Pattern - Desert Tortoise - by Lyn Brown (dot com)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
I had seen this quilt pattern months and months ago, and I just loved it. Only thing. I don't quilt. Yet.
In today's local paper, the OC Register, they featured the designer, a local quilting teacher. Woo hoo, new year's to do! Had to share!
And remember, if you create it, please share pictures! : )

The quilt pattern:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78871896/tortoise-quilt-lookin-for-love-tortoise?

The "Quilting Queen" article is not posted online yet. Darn. Maybe later.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That is just so neat, words do not describe it! I can see why your going to take a class (that IS what your going to do, correct?)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Yes indeed-ee! In the new year, one of my to do things, for sure! I hope some of our TFO members who do not need a class can make one too and we can all share what we did, the possible colors and fabrics being so unlimited. I love the name she gave it, "Looking for Love". I wish I had shared it sooner so it could have been made or given for Christmas.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is really cool. Like Jacqui said, words can't describe. I don't quilt, have a few friends and family members that do. I just may need to learn how. I think it would be cool to just quilt the tortoise part and attach to a blanket. That way you don't have to quilt the whole thing. Hmmm, I need to see if and how that could be done.

HannahBananah

5 Year Member
East Coast
This December I decided to get a tattoo (am 63. And decided, who. Will care). Anyway, my daughter and I have two Hermanns that. She got 1 1/2 yrs ago. We'll my tattoo is on my shoulder, measures about 3 x 5 and the shell is a quilt. the colors are incredible and artist did a great job. I quilted for 30 yrs and really love my babies. So I combined them. Even people who would never get a tattoo love the pattern...ImageUploadedByTortForum1397238404.881245.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Awesome quilt! Are we allowed to talk about arts,crafts and tatts in TF?