Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh it starts before then with boys. Son is now 6'5" and aged 21 but he was eating his own bodyweight in food by the age of 10.

I was amazed just after my last fledgling left the nest, that food in the fridge actually got moldy. When the kids lived at home I never had moldy food in the fridge.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
No tats here, but I like to see pretty ones. I promised my 12yr old daughter that when she comes of age and wanting to do something crazy like get a piercing or a tattoo we make a "mother-daughter date" event out of it and I get one. No idea though what I would want to put on my body... I'm sure I come up with something clever or cute enough when time comes.... or... maybe by the time she grows up she changes her mind??.....:)

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
No. You can get them to leave home eventually :D We have something of a revolving door here at the moment the older, messy one moved out Thursday and the younger, hungry one moves back today. :D
Ours are all gone. I don't think any will move back home. They really don't want to live with us! My youngest is about to lose her job. We're still paying her rent, but not for much longer.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Ours are all gone. I don't think any will move back home. They really don't want to live with us! My youngest is about to lose her job. We're still paying her rent, but not for much longer.

Gosh hard to imagine my house is going to be quiet someday. Right now I'm neck deep in diapers and laundry, toddler fights and (unidentified cause )sticky hands.

Link

East-Central Oklahoma
I laugh because I can identify with every bit of this topic. My oldest lives across the street, after several years of drama and ex's. My middle one just graduated college and moves back in next week. My youngest just finished high school and I'm about to sign him up for overseas work (just kidding) anywhere that wants him. Just to get him out of the house. :)
We don't even want to discuss the financial support we still help with. phones, insurances, car payments.... it never ends.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My husband was pretty set in his ways, and his idea was once they moved out, they were on their own. We then offered no more monetary support.

Status
Not open for further replies.