Tortoise plastron looking more pink!

Rocky219

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hey everyone. I have a 5 year old, female eastern Hermann Tortoise. She is in a 7x5 enclosure, is fed cactus, a variety of safe grocery green, Mazuri and grassland pellets, and more in the summer. I give her calcium 2 a week and soaks 2-3 times a week. She is on cypress mulch right now but I am switching her to orchid bark soon.

I have just noticed that her shell looks more pink than usual. I’m not sure if I’m overthinking it since I don’t really observe her plastron that much, but thought I’d share it with you guys. I am concerned and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_8428.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey everyone. I have a 5 year old, female eastern Hermann Tortoise. She is in a 7x5 enclosure, is fed cactus, a variety of safe grocery green, Mazuri and grassland pellets, and more in the summer. I give her calcium 2 a week and soaks 2-3 times a week. She is on cypress mulch right now but I am switching her to orchid bark soon.

I have just noticed that her shell looks more pink than usual. I’m not sure if I’m overthinking it since I don’t really observe her plastron that much, but thought I’d share it with you guys. I am concerned and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 366210
Another member just asked this same question, also with a Testudo species. @zovick answered the question more perfectly than I could. Read it here:

Rocky219

Massachusetts
Another member just asked this same question, also with a Testudo species. @zovick answered the question more perfectly than I could. Read it here:
Great thanks Tom!!