Tortoise Outdoor Patio Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zergy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Valrico, FL
My patio is completely screen in with a tree outside for shade. The location gets nice AM light and spotty afternoon sun.

Before:

Patio.jpg

After:

2012-03-26_17-00-51_746.jpg

The enclosure is 7' x 3' with a little less than 10" wall. I used top soil and cypress mulch for ground cover. I did just plant some seeds on the soil part today. I will probably rearrange the plants again. I still need to add a water bowl and a piece of wood on the top of corners to make sure they don't climb out one day.

In the After picture you can see both my tortoise on the right. But here is a closer look at them.

2012-03-26_17-00-39_184.jpg

They enjoyed a few hours outside and I watched as Dexter went around the parameter. I am so happy it is finally done.

Today's weather was in the mid 80s with humidity around 50% or lower. I did mist their enclosure to help the humidity part. Summer time the humidity should go up much more.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Looks nice! Don't forget a couple hides. They are going to love it outside!

Zergy

5 Year Member
Valrico, FL
Yup, I need hides too. I tried to give Dexter some when it was just him, but he never used them. He opted to make a small dip along the wall and call it bed.

I brought them inside now since it is getting a little windy and the temperature is cooling down. They were looking for a place to hole in so I assumed they wanted back in their indoor home. Can't wait to let them out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.