PNW
Interesting Methos,

your findings are similar to mine.

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galveston TX
Methos75 wrote:
I increased the lighting also by adding a 10.0 Reptisun Bulb, so that there was more light as well as UVB getting to them. The result of this is two vastly more active Redfoots who stay out all day now exploring and basking for hours a day, and who eat much better. IMO its obvious that some of the general info we hear could be very wrong about these things

Very interesting i also increased the lighting by adding a mega-ray 100 Watt MVB bulb and also observed an increase in activity level & eating habits.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
There is a possibility that I will be working in French Guyana soon. If I do,I plan on taking some pictures of redfoots where they live and sharing them with you.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
When mine is outside for the Summer, she will spend most of the day out of her hide. She sits in the stream in the hot sun for hours, then will spend some time sitting under a hosta, and then back in the sun again. As the sun moves during the day I find that she will move with it. At around 5 pm when the sun is at it's last stage on the side of her garden that's where she is, and then she will go into her hide.
When she's inside for the Winter, even though she has a UVB, she goes in her hide in the afternoon, and doesn't come out any more for the day.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
methos75 said:
It really seems to me that Redfoots do enjoy bright lighting and UVB, contrary to what is generally believed.

That is why I thought this was an important myth to bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.