Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't have enough Leopard experience to say for sure, but they look hybrid to me. If the seller told you they were, then they probably are. Here's what I'm doing for hydration, humidity and moisture for mine. It was written for sulcatas, but I'm doing it exactly the same for my leopards. Some of them have been in this routine for over six weeks now and its working perfectly. Zero problems, so far. No matter what was done with them in the past, all you can do is your best now.
http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies
They don't look like they are pyramiding yet in the pic, but none of them do from overhead. If you want a better opinion, post some profile shots too.

kelarned said:
These are my 2 little guys. I believe they are hybrid from what the original owner told me. I was told their dad was G.p. pardalis. Any thoughts?

They are 6 weeks old. I have been keeping them hydrated for the last 2 weeks. Do their scutes look normal or do I already have pyramiding going on. I know I can't reverse it, but will it continue to get worse, or even out if I continue to keep them hydrated?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Thanks for the insight Carl. Everything you've just said is exactly the same thing I've heard from people who have kept this subspecies and my new ones are no exception, even though they are just hatchlings.

And BTW, you can both have the hatchlings of your choice a they are both for sale... and getting cheaper the longer I have to take care of them.

Tom ,
Are these the same ones for sell from Cory?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
N2TORTS said:
Tom said:
Thanks for the insight Carl. Everything you've just said is exactly the same thing I've heard from people who have kept this subspecies and my new ones are no exception, even though they are just hatchlings.

And BTW, you can both have the hatchlings of your choice a they are both for sale... and getting cheaper the longer I have to take care of them.

Tom ,
Are these the same ones for sell from Cory?

Cory sells all sorts of good stuff. He's partnering on these with me. He handles all the shipping and running around town. I just soak, spray, sun, feed, soak, spray and spray them again every day. Did I mention I soak and spray them every day? They are from a friend of mine and I'm using Cory's mad skills and contacts to help me sell them all.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
I just soak, spray, sun, feed, soak, spray and spray them again every day. Did I mention I soak and spray them every day?

Spoken like an utter madman...with true pride in his craft :D

Status
Not open for further replies.