To Candy from Bob

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Here are a couple of pictures showing Bob's personality at his best, I think. These are just for you Candy...
This is Bob's Motel 8. He's too big for it now, but he traveled in it a lot when he was smaller
sbln2x.jpg

He's trying to intimidate the camera
uwvlz.jpg

Big Bubba
1z4cya9.jpg

He loves his mud puddle
25i854x.jpg

This was how I got him from his old shed in the carport around to his pen. He is too big for it now. That's really too bad because I so much enjoyed how he just climbed right in.
rwia7o.jpg

This is my avatar. Only this is a better view...
w8q98z.jpg

This is Bob just before he rams the camera and gets squash all over it and me
sww8qw.jpg

Well Candy, I hope you have enjoyed looking at some pictures of Bob. I have a whole lot more but it's just not fair to the other forum members for me to show off how good looking, talented and intelligent Bob is and he makes the other tortoises look pale in comparison

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I hope Candy doesn't mind, but I had a look too! I promise...I didn't "look" all the image off of them.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
O woow, Bob is a real star :D.
All of the pics are too cute. I love the ne where he is trying to intimidate the camera :D.
I also love the pic with Big Bubba on it :) He looks like a wonderful cat.
Thanks for sharing Maggie and please, do not hesitate to keep them coming.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I love the ramming the camara pic and the squash-- the one of him looking over the edge of the wheel barrel!! so cute

M

Maggie Cummings

For all of you who are giving me such a hard time about me not posting a picture of me...those are my sexy toes in the picture of Big Bubba on his back...:p

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
"I have a whole lot more but it's just not fair to the other forum members for me to show off how good looking, talented and intelligent Bob is and he makes the other tortoises look pale in comparison"

Keep posting them Maggie. We all love Bob and you should be proud of how handsome and photogenic he is.

"For all of you who are giving me such a hard time about me not posting a picture of me...those are my sexy toes in the picture of Big Bubba on his back..."

Nice polish....So let's see if we take all the pics we have gotten of you and piece them together......We are only missing your face and knees...:p

Dawna

M

Maggie Cummings

galvinkaos said:
"I have a whole lot more but it's just not fair to the other forum members for me to show off how good looking, talented and intelligent Bob is and he makes the other tortoises look pale in comparison"

Keep posting them Maggie. We all love Bob and you should be proud of how handsome and photogenic he is.

"For all of you who are giving me such a hard time about me not posting a picture of me...those are my sexy toes in the picture of Big Bubba on his back..."

Nice polish....So let's see if we take all the pics we have gotten of you and piece them together......We are only missing your face and knees...:p

Dawna

Too funny!!! I used to be fairly good lookin, but then I became a pretty homely old lady and won't allow my picture taken now...:(

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm here! Sorry that I haven't been here since yesterday, but grandma took the kids with her for the weekend. Anyway last night we needed to get food for the house so we were at Trader Joes and Whole Foods and it was so nice not to have to rush. The only thing about going shopping with my husband that is irritating is that he always picks the stickers (that say organic) off of the fruit and then I find it posted on my butt and I didn't even know it was there, very embarrassing as I'm walking all over the store. This morning we just got up to have coffee with ginger snaps and later we're going shopping for Mother's Day gifts. Yes, we're exciting people :p Oh Maggie I was so happy to get on here this morning and find a thread just for me of Bob and I knew those must be your nicely pedicured toes! I'm going to have to call the boys to get on the forum from grandma's house so they can see Bob. My favorite picture and comment is the wheelbarrel. I would have loved to see him when he saw you coming with that and climbed in. Your right though he is the cutest ever and I just love all the pictures I can't wait for Alexander and Noah to see them. Thanks for the thread and maybe next time we'll get to see a picture of your legs. :p How is Big Bubba doing?

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
el paso tx
:(
maggie3fan said:
For all of you who are giving me such a hard time about me not posting a picture of me...those are my sexy toes in the picture of Big Bubba on his back...:p

wow too many crowns on this tortoise hold back on the protein

M

Maggie Cummings

tczar said:
maggie3fan said:

That had better be a joke about me and not insulting my tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
maggie3fan said:
tczar said:
maggie3fan said:

What do you mean?

They must mean either the "crowns" on Big Bubba or the ugly "crowns" on those painted toes!!!!

LOL!!

:p

Yvonne

(by the way...just what is a "crown" in this instance?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
There is more than one cause of pyramiding (not called 'crowning')....to assume that a keeper is automatically doing something wrong is offensive. A lot of torts here are rescues, and came to experienced keepers with preexisting conditions. It really is nicer to ask, rather then just start doling out "advice" when none was asked for.

Bob is a very healthy tort, as I am sure you will see once you get around the forums a bit more. :)

Bob is beautiful btw Maggie. I love the intimidation picture. I just adore that face!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I VOTE FOR MORE BOB PICS :D I just love his pics, he is So lovely, and I love seeing his personality straight through the camera. he looks hilarious and he's SO cute too!

M

Maggie Cummings

At first I was seriously pissed off that some newbie who has one 2 yr old Sulcata would come on like gangbusters and insult Bob...so I wrote a post telling him how the cow ate the cabbage...But my sister pointed out that his 'insult' is not about Bob, it's about my ugly feet. He is insulting me and my feet...so I deleted that post
And if that is not what he was doing I would like him to come back on and explain just exactly who or what he is insulting so then I can correctly tell him how the cow ate the cabbage...so come'on newbie...lets get it on!!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What? Was something said about our Bob? Well I'll................. Maybe we should let Bob take care of this one. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

I told the story about Bob knocking over the cinderblock that make up part of the wall of his pen, but I don't know where I put it so I'm telling it again. Bob The Butthead knocked over 3 cinderblocks and tried to make an escape to freedom, but he got bigger during the winter and he is too wide to escape thru the blocks now so he got stuck. He couldn't go forwards or backwards. I was laughing so hard I had no strength and I only have one hand anyhow that I can use. So I am fighting trying to get him unstuck and he is fighting me trying to escape, and I was laughing so hard and yelling at him as he is scraping the skin off my fingers catching them in his carapace... It has rained so hard and so long that the stakes that should hold the block in place just pulled right out. The pictures were taken after I got him turned around facing back into his pen, but he got stuck that way also. So here is Bob The Butthead...stuck
igbzna.jpg

21o3qyo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.