TINTED WINDOWS

TINTED VEHICLE WINDOWS?

• Total voters

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Just curious what the majority of our members prefer relating to auto tinting? My new truck finally arrived and i am so undecided if i want to tint the windows or not. Historically i have always opted to tint my vehicles being Florida is super sunny and hot most of the time. I find myself liking the factory tint and actually enjoy the change of not having the front windows tinted. I actually usually ride with all the windows down anyway, except during extreme weather temperatures and of course rain. Anyway, please feel free to make a comment and vote on the pole!

* Tinted
IMG_4322.JPG

* Factory
IMG_1628.JPG

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
I live in NY so it's illegal to tint your windows. I say tint the windows as long as you are not going to NY

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wait a minute. You got a new truck? Holy crap, i'v known you too long. I remember your last new truck:p:D Yes, tint. I think you will be sorry if you don't. Specially with your Florida sunshine:)

M

Maggie Cummings

As an ex-professional driver I like being able to see what the other driver is looking at or does he notice how fast I'm coming. If I can see the other driver's face I like it a whole lot better. If the windows are tinted so dark I can't tell if that guy waiting to turn in front of me sees me or what...No to tinting...Just my opinion!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Thanks all, this is what i was hoping for, diverse and opposing opinions.
I see merit and value on both sides, however really unsure this time!

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Tint your windows! Tinted windows are illegal in Ca, but if they are legal in the state the vehicle is registered in you will be ok. At least that is what the dealership told me. I even put a limo tint on my rear window to keep the interior cooler. I was concerned because I still have property in Ca. And need to travel from Az.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I like tinted windows but nothing dramatic. I'm personally not into limo tint all around/no one can ever see in tint. I like to get medium/dark tint on all the windows. It does help with the heat/sun glare here in SoCal and I think it looks nicer, too.

In the past (high school days) I had mirror tint put on all the windows. I regretted it and had it removed.:eek:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I like tinted windows but nothing dramatic. I'm personally not into limo tint all around/no one can ever see in tint. I like to get medium/dark tint on all the windows. It does help with the heat/sun glare here in SoCal and I think it looks nicer, too.

In the past (high school days) I had mirror tint put on all the windows. I regretted it and had it removed.:eek:

* I agree, I usually get real dark, however kinda like the medium tint these days!

WillTort2

5 Year Member
I like enough tint to keep people from seeing what you have inside. Remove the temptation for thieves.

M

Maggie Cummings

Calif has a law about how dark the tint cannot be. It really helps to be able to see the face on the other driver so you can know if he's seen you and what he's gonna do. But it looks like I am in the minorityo_O...

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
* Is that right, one at all?

The law states something along the lines that you cannot tint the passenger and driver seat windows along with the windshield to a certain darkness. I think 70% of darkness is allowed. I thought I saw it somewhere say 70% but I may be wrong.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
My truck has factory tint only. I wear sunglasses most of the time so I don't need a darker tint on the windows. My car doesn't have any tinting. But then I usually have the top down when I am driving it. Hat and sun glasses are a must.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think the factory tint is plenty dark enough. Plus it doesn't wear off like the after market tint MIGHT. I'm with Maggie. I use the 'view the other driver's face' thing frequently.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
As an ex-professional driver I like being able to see what the other driver is looking at or does he notice how fast I'm coming. If I can see the other driver's face I like it a whole lot better. If the windows are tinted so dark I can't tell if that guy waiting to turn in front of me sees me or what...No to tinting...Just my opinion!

I like these reasons!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like tinting... as long as it is not the dark one you can not see into the vehicle. I am more leery of the darker ones, when walking because I want to know what and whom is around me. As a person driving down the road with a darker tinted truck/car near me, then it falls into Maggie's thoughts.

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
i had a creepy man follow me home before so ever since I have had LIMO tint! In vegas they aren't really strict but whenever I go to cali I roll my front windows down just in case...... I say tint all the way!

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
I am only just learning to drive and cycle regularly on the roads here and I do think it is so important to be able to see the driver in other cars, it helps judge what they are doing, and when cycling if they have seen me!

I believe in the UK it is not legal to tint the windscreen or driver and passenger windows