Thoughts on tortoise table for Russian?

Cherryshell

Location (City and/or State)
Manassas Virginia
Around 3 years old

It might be a little small for a tort of that age (depending on it's current size), it'll eventually need at least a 4x8 ft enclosure, course you could attempt to go vertical depending on how handy you are. Only other suggestion I'd make would be to add some additional vegetation as it looks kinda sparse and it'd give the tort additional hiding options.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My thoughts are that this type of store-bought tortoise enclosure is just too small for a tortoise that is hard-wired to roam. Most folks would recommend a minimum of 4 ft x 8 ft for a Russian.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
For that age I would say it's too small, but difficult to say without seeing him in it.
I think that maybe you need to consider upgrading to a 4 x 8 feet size which is the minimum size advised for the smaller species.
Do you have night heat?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
This is the size of the tortoise in comparisonView attachment 334194
Needs some Plants in my opinion. If it were me I'd get two potted spider plants and two pothos and put one plant setting up on top of each corner. That way they'll grow down into the enclosure and not take up any of the Torts floor space.