Your thoughts on 2 tortoise owners.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Well I have observed and read the lot, very very interesting, I am now a more knowledgeable person. Thank you all.
@ndrew. Have you given the tort owners any advise on painting and mixing torts yet.

Thank you

Craig

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
What species is the painted tort? I initially thought sulcata but it definitely doesn't look as such anymore? maybe a hermans or greek? the paint makes it hard for me to get the whole picture when it comes to the shell. Either way, the tort is smooth, it shows its been fed and cared for properly. So the keeper painted it, maybe its a little degrading to the animal, being a "piece of art" but heck being an artist it kind of shows what they mean to you... I prefer to draw Nank and not paint on him, but its getting better care than many tortoises out there may get who aren't painted.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'll make this short sweet and to the point, since i'd like to share my opinion.

Theres a difference between animal rights activist and animal rights extremist. The groups mentioned above, are animal rights extremists, radical, and lost the very point they fight for through their actions. You must act in a certain way when representing a group or cause if you want that thing to retain credibility.

I call myself an animal rights activist. But by that, I see pets as ok, domesticated pets just cant be thrown to the wild, and most see us as companions just as we see them as such. Its in the responsibility of the owner to provide what pets need since when we take them in they can't just fend for themselves. A well taken care of pet, can in no way be unhappy as such, fresh food and water at the ready, a warm safe place to sleep, toys to entertain and stimulate, is that not the life?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I'll make this short sweet and to the point, since i'd like to share my opinion.

Theres a difference between animal rights activist and animal rights extremist. The groups mentioned above, are animal rights extremists, radical, and lost the very point they fight for through their actions. You must act in a certain way when representing a group or cause if you want that thing to retain credibility.

I call myself an animal rights activist. But by that, I see pets as ok, domesticated pets just cant be thrown to the wild, and most see us as companions just as we see them as such. Its in the responsibility of the owner to provide what pets need since when we take them in they can't just fend for themselves. A well taken care of pet, can in no way be unhappy as such, fresh food and water at the ready, a warm safe place to sleep, toys to entertain and stimulate, is that not the life?

A well taken care of pet, can in no way be unhappy as such, fresh food and water at the ready, a warm safe place to sleep, toys to entertain and stimulate, is that not the life?

There is so much here that can be utilized in an entirely new thread....one that will go south quicker than a migratory bird fleeing winter....:p