THE NUT HOUSE

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
My buddy is dove hunting and said the breast wrapped in bacon are delicious, but his 14 year old son can eat like 30 of them. Think chicken nuggets so mini quail would be smaller than a tater tot for sure!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My buddy is dove hunting and said the breast wrapped in bacon are delicious, but his 14 year old son can eat like 30 of them. Think chicken nuggets so mini quail would be smaller than a tater tot for sure!
And not worth all that trouble. I'm the chief cook and bottle washer around here. It's not like I want to work myself to death to cook all day for them to gobble it up for a snack 😋🥴

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Good evening TFO, just an update on my Banana Tree. The weather here in Baltimore MD. it's going to be in the high 90° f. all week. I sure by then I may see a hole lot more bananas on my tree. This is so wild that I can grow bananas 🍌 here in Baltimore, The day are getting Hotter!

Attachments

• 20230903_103118.jpg
    20230903_103118.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good evening TFO, just an update on my Banana Tree. The weather here in Baltimore MD. it's going to be in the high 90° f. all week. I sure by then I may see a hole lot more bananas on my tree. This is so wild that I can grow bananas 🍌 here in Baltimore, The day are getting Hotter!
I've had a banana Clump for 30 years, My Trees will produce a bloom, and I will get 24 or so lil bananas growing but they never get bigger than 2 to 3 inches, then the bloom dies and the trunk later after that. Warren, Good Luck, I hope you are able to get something edible...

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I've had a banana Clump for 30 years, My Trees will produce a bloom, and I will get 24 or so lil bananas growing but they never get bigger than 2 to 3 inches, then the bloom dies and the trunk later after that. Warren, Good Luck, I hope you are able to get something edible...
I don't care if I get any edibles, I just curious to see how many and how big they will get. Just excited to see bananas, thus is a first for me. There are 21 banana as of today, will keep TFO up-to-date on my Banana Tree. Have a good day, It going to "Hot and Sunny" for the next few days, that a plus for my bananas to grow.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I don't care if I get any edibles, I just curious to see how many and how big they will get. Just excited to see bananas, thus is a first for me. There are 21 banana as of today, will keep TFO up-to-date on my Banana Tree. Have a good day, It going to "Hot and Sunny" for the next few days, that a plus for my bananas to grow.
Yes, good luck, it's interesting how the bloom hangs over and the lil bananas start hanging down. After 30 years, I wish I had got at least a few bananas to eat. My clump has migrated about 10' from where the original stalk was planted. The stalk that a friend gave me years ago was a mature stalk, cut off at about 4 to 5 feet, with some roots at the bottom. I just dug a hole, put in compost, planted the stump and watered. Out of the center, new growth began, the rest is history.20230904_122112.jpg20230904_122147.jpg

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Yes, good luck, it's interesting how the bloom hangs over and the lil bananas start hanging down. After 30 years, I wish I had got at least a few bananas to eat. My clump has migrated about 10' from where the original stalk was planted. The stalk that a friend gave me years ago was a mature stalk, cut off at about 4 to 5 feet, with some roots at the bottom. I just dug a hole, put in compost, planted the stump and watered. Out of the center, new growth began, the rest is history.View attachment 361059
Here's a few of pictures that I just took, the largest banana is 2" at this time. I believe I will have another bunch tomorrow. The main Bud where the bananas are coming from looks like a large ear of corn.

Attachments

• 20230904_182259.jpg
    20230904_182259.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230904_182306.jpg
    20230904_182306.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230904_182327.jpg
    20230904_182327.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2