Favorite reptile youve ever owned

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Hey guys, just a random thread for ppl to share their fav reptile they have had.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I know! Its like trying to choose what u want for a snack.. its hard

zovick

10 Year Member!
As a nickname, we call them black hats. As in: "I'm going over to feed the black hats." Your black hat there has a yellow hat!
Aside from wanting truly outstanding shell patterns, I also selected my breeding stock to be those animals with the most yellow skin possible (both the quantity and the brightness of the yellow). I had quite a few with totally yellow heads and legs.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Prob because i had him for so long.. coz he was not the nicest fellow lol but lots of memories.. take my eyes off him he’d jump up and steal my food of the table

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Jackson Chameleons are one of my favorites.
I keep Veileds right now. They're easy. But Jackson Chameleons I've always had a hard time with.
So much so that I've decided not to try to keep them again.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Mine was probably my Florida softshell turtle I had that my son named Table.

I had her since she was the size of a half dollar and she was about 7 when she died ?
My friend watched her for me while I got my own place for a month and her boyfriend killed her in a drunken stupor ?
That is disgusting. I hope your friend got out of that relationship before the boyfriend started beating on her.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've had so many favorites. I don't think I can pick just one.

There was the Chinese big headed turtle that stayed with me at the pet shop for nearly a year. I should have bought him and kept him forever.

I had a big black throat monitor that was dog tame. He'd go up to anybody for attention. Followed me around like a puppy. Or maybe like a sulcata. :)

I had a pair of amethystine pythons that were big and active, but tame as any rt boa. Loved them.

My big female unicolor cribo fills that role now. I just get her out and walk around with her sometimes.

Tommy turtle was my very first reptile pet as a child. I still don't know exactly what kind of box turtle he was. Either a Western or a three toed.

So many awesome tortoises, tegus, skinks...

I think the one that has to be listed as a favorite would be my water monitor. She came to college with me, and lived with me after graduation. I'd let her out of her cage and we'd walk out to the back yard and go swimming in the pool. (No chlorine at those times.) She was around 7 feet counting the tail, but never got the bulk of the big males. That was the coolest lizard and we had a great understanding of each other.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just started gettin
Mine was probably my Florida softshell turtle I had that my son named Table.

I had her since she was the size of a half dollar and she was about 7 when she died ?
My friend watched her for me while I got my own place for a month and her boyfriend killed her in a drunken stupor ?
do u have his address? Id like to have a beer w him out on my boat with some cinder blocks

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
There was a Dumeril's Boa from many years ago that I still think about today.
But for me, it will always be the Platysternon.

Calaveras

Sacramento area California
I had a similar experience with Jackson’s. They were just too much trouble.
I just keep turtles and tortoises now.
Mostly spotted turtles because they are a perfect size and do well inside or outside.