THE NUT HOUSE

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I climbed up onto my roof to trim away my neighbor's cherry branches from my sky light last year I think or longer. I had thought it out completely, so I brought 2x4 ends to even out the ladder stance on my sloped roof. I place one end under and stood and wiggled and it was fine, so I used that method to even the ladder with 3 high ends on one leg and 2 high on the other leg effectively evening out the ladder legs. I stood on the bottom rung...ok, it feels firm, put my next foot on the second rung...and the ladder freakin jumped to the right and off the roof...and I was flung up the roof and broke a couple rib and my shoulder. So my ladder was taken away from me, but my friends husband died, so she got rid of his stuff and I got an 11 ft ladder. I am not afraid....
Maggie, you are my role model in so many ways, but I do wish you wouldn't keep doing things that I could never emulate - please remember how much you are needed, by so many humans and tortoises -and take care.
Angie

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I climbed up onto my roof to trim away my neighbor's cherry branches from my sky light last year I think or longer. I had thought it out completely, so I brought 2x4 ends to even out the ladder stance on my sloped roof. I place one end under and stood and wiggled and it was fine, so I used that method to even the ladder with 3 high ends on one leg and 2 high on the other leg effectively evening out the ladder legs. I stood on the bottom rung...ok, it feels firm, put my next foot on the second rung...and the ladder freakin jumped to the right and off the roof...and I was flung up the roof and broke a couple rib and my shoulder. So my ladder was taken away from me, but my friends husband died, so she got rid of his stuff and I got an 11 ft ladder. I am not afraid....
And you have the nerve to call me crazy for liking Florida ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Believe me I was considering it ? but what would happen to my birds and bees ? and I did buy a camera. If I get a picture of that hummingbird????? I'll be so happy.
Have you thought of getting up on the roof & peering over the eaves where the feeder is hanging? He obviously knows where your windows & doors are. He might just miss you hanging on the roof. Better hurry. Hummingbird season is over in Oklahoma. Chubbs can probably help!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh, Chubbs. If I didn't know you were younger & what you look like, this could be my imagined you. OTH, you have no idea how many older men in Boulder look just like this guy. All of them ride those ergo bikes that sit your butt a foot from the pavement & long bike handles that look like Harleys up front. I witnessed one of them wrangle with a car & not do so well. (Bad idea to ignore yield signs & blast on thru) Thank you for the best giggle of the week!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Have you thought of getting up on the roof & peering over the eaves where the feeder is hanging? He obviously knows where your windows & doors are. He might just miss you hanging on the roof. Better hurry. Hummingbird season is over in Oklahoma. Chubbs can probably help!
Me on a roof hahahaha ? nope!!! I was thinking the same thing today that the season is just about over. If not this year I still have my camera for next year. It's so cool ? I can snap pictures sitting on my butt on my phone ? but next it'll be the woodpecker and I've seen him lately ?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Oh, Chubbs. If I didn't know you were younger & what you look like, this could be my imagined you. OTH, you have no idea how many older men in Boulder look just like this guy. All of them ride those ergo bikes that sit your butt a foot from the pavement & long bike handles that look like Harleys up front. I witnessed one of them wrangle with a car & not do so well. (Bad idea to ignore yield signs & blast on thru) Thank you for the best giggle of the week!!
3 more years in this nut house and that will be what i look like

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I found out today to stop the feeder around mid October. But also there's a state park here near me that might be nice to visit next year. Lake Hope has a hand feed hummingbirds program which might be fun to go to in the late spring ?☺️