The Blossom Thread.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
I enjoy seeing the smooth growths of Blossom. What is her SCL measurement now?

marty4dive

5 Year Member
Vallejo, CA
image.jpg[attachment=[attach]67220[/attach][attachment[/size]Hi what happened to Blossom's shell on page #3 there seems to be a missing piece of shell. Here's another couple shots of Toothless, Jett.Marty

Last edited by a moderator:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
marty4dive said:
what happened to Blossom's shell on page #3 there seems to be a missing piece of shell.

* I originally saw that also, however after looking closer it is just a piece of the weed/foliage!

29ohchu.jpg

edwardbo

5 Year Member
Thank you for posting .questions, are there two Greg's ?(wish it was yours ,I'll take care of that next year)and every post say today with regard to dates ( or post 17,174)...maybe I should have asked is there two Aldabraman ?...what do Aldabra s. Eat if not located in southern states .I would love to get a couple but maybe I should stick to mountain torts as living in the northern states might not conducive to carrying 300 hundred pounds of torts in and out , how cold can they go ?....keep posting. 12 inches 18 inches 3 and a half feet .....!!!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes that was a piece of plant stock from its summer outdoor pen. The pond is planted with pond plants. She/he likes to get away from the sun in there whilst wallering in the mud. I feel that mud baths or sand pits are a must have for the giant species

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Kelly, we haven't heard about Blossom for 2 months. I'm just curious to know her update and see some pictures if available.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ah yes. I need to do an update for sure. S(he) is getting rather large. Starting to show classic upright stance on the legs and stretching the neck out. Nice perfect growth too. Update with weight and measurements will be soon for sure.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yellow Turtle said:
That's nice. Have you done any deworming on her?

Nope. Fecal, Blood panel, and PCR came back all negative. But s(he) along with every other tort still gets tested annually(once in past the 1 year quarantine duration)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Age-Approximately 1 Year old
DOB-4-5-13
Purchase date-6-26-2013
Size upon receiving-4 1/8"
Current Size-9 1/2" SCL
Weight-6 pounds (2721.6 Grams)
Origin-Mauritius, Africa

S(he) is getting big. A visitor holding her last weekend. S(he) requires 2 hands now, Ha.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Looking Good Mr. Kelly !!!.... Where the heck ya been ? :D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
She looks good, and she gets big really fast! And all this time, she's only on grass as major diet?