TFO meet Frumpy my new Eastern Box Turtle

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
I recently acquired Frumpy an Eastern box turtle with a deformed shell, he is very active and seems fearless my kids have all been able to pet him without any shying away. He is believed to be 8 years old. The owner offered him as well as a Leopard Tortoise With an RI (I'll Introduce her later in the Leopard thread)

the owner thought he had MBD but he moves fine and seems very active the only thing that seems wrong is his shell.

2crwzmq.jpg

2mm9ugh.jpg

xb01w6.jpg

fvv7r7.jpg

24mvs4w.jpg

2nbdbgl.jpg

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
He's not too badly deformed. . . I've seen much worse. I LOVE his face! and those eyes!!!
Yes I fell in love with the last picture that one the previous owner sent me and i knew he needed to join our family.

Ill attach some other pictures i agree there are much worse cases (idk if you seen the thread I posted looking for someone in alberta Canada) but it is almost flat on top apparently when he tips on his back he can't right him self back up on his own.20180424_204008.jpg20180424_203959.jpg

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Good luck to The Frumpster. He's in good hands...
Thank you, I think even after i fimish my outdoor enclosure he will still be a full indoor pet with just trips outside when somone can supervise incase he does flip amd cant right himself.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Poor guy. Glad you were able to save him.
I didnt so much as save him just gave him a better home, previous owner got him around 2, and he was in a 20gallon tall tank apparently so he was started off terribly she gave me about 3 or 4 different box turtle books and took him to the vet when she could so she tried, just never found this form i suppose.

Bunny2746

Panhandlle of Florida
I recently acquired Frumpy an Eastern box turtle with a deformed shell, he is very active and seems fearless my kids have all been able to pet him without any shying away. He is believed to be 8 years old. The owner offered him as well as a Leopard Tortoise With an RI (I'll Introduce her later in the Leopard thread)

the owner thought he had MBD but he moves fine and seems very active the only thing that seems wrong is his shell.

2crwzmq.jpg

2mm9ugh.jpg

xb01w6.jpg

fvv7r7.jpg

24mvs4w.jpg

2nbdbgl.jpg
Great pictures!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Ole Frumpy looks like he has some personality! Best of luck with him! By the way, I love the name Frumpy!

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
My other half wasnt a fan of Frumpy but she gets to keep the Leopard tortoises Meet Petunia my son named petunia but she has desided she wants to keep her and build a tortoise table once she is healthy, next to get her to register on here lol