Boogers

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I’ve been thinking about getting my own Golden Greek, however I am very unsure about its temperature requirements. My research has suggested that basking spots of 95 to 100 are best best for INDOOR enclosures. However I want to house him outside to give him his full UVB requirements. Where I live it’s typically 70 degrees most of the year, mid 80,s in the summer time (sometimes 90 although it is rare) and 60,s in the winter so obviously during that time I would keep him indoors. Ive heard they can tolerate 70 to 90 degrees when kept outside, and at least 65 degrees at night, but I’m not sure if 70-90 degrees is good for them. Are they fine in those temperatures, or should I just house one inside.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I would do an absolute low of 70 at night. 95-105 in the basking area, ambient temps at 80. It’s ok if you have rare dips to 65 at night, but it shouldn’t be consistent. One thing that I do is have an outdoor enclosure for mine and an indoor, at night I bring him in.

Boogers

San Diego
I don’t think I can provide him much of a basking area outdoors though. What is the perfect setup for an outdoor enclosure?

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I don’t think I can provide him much of a basking area outdoors though. What is the perfect setup for an outdoor enclosure?
Don’t worry about the basking area outdoors, as long as it’s warm enough he/she will be fine. For an outdoor enclosure go big. Provide a large terra cotta saucer for water and lots of hides and plants.

Boogers

San Diego
So are you saying have a basking spot in the indoor one when I bring it in at night?

Boogers

San Diego
Thank you! One more question. When keeping them outdoors it’s not expected to stay 95-100 degrees in some areas of the outdoor pen right? Because I’d expect that to be a little difficult for some?