Tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
LOL at the permanence comments. Obviously if you dont like something that sticks around forever, tats are not for you! :)

I plan on having my version of sleeves to my elbows on both arms. Not the muddled up 6 color zombie tattoos you see these days--I like my tattoos to look clean and simple, like one color each. I'll be able to cover mine with a 3/4 sleeve shirt or a long sleeve shirt. Alot of professions these days are getting over the whole no tattoo thing as well. I know a girl that is currently doing her clinicals to become a nurse and she has several piercings that are visible.

Body art is becoming much more acceptable and as long as you get something that means something to you, you'll never look back and say "god why is this still here?". I was looking back in old journals and like soph year of HS I wanted a goldfish tattoo. I never got it, and I'm glad because now I can't even remember why I wanted it in the first place LOL. But the tattoos I have now I picked and chose and I haven't had any buyers remorse ;)

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I would not say body art or piercings are becoming more acceptable everywhere a lot of that depends on your location and your job. The problem you will run into is the older people like me who own a business do the hiring and are the customers they might have a different perspective on this. I have five tattoos and got them at a time when the only people who had them were outcasts and what I mean by that is criminals, military, seaman and bikers. Now it is a different story like you say many people have them and it is just there way of expressing themselves. I see nothing wrong with it, but I would still follow the rules my mother told me over 30 years ago. It was do not get ones that show when you don't want them to and do not get anyones name. Which in my case meant nothing that show in a short sleeve shirt or while wearing my uniform.The military now a days is even turning people down that have certain tattoos or specific places tattooed.

I also had one removed it hurts far more than getting one and took a year in my case and it is not totally removed, when I have a tan it is gone but in the winter it is just visible. All I am saying is know what you are doing before you get one do not due it on the spur of the monent.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Angi said:
ChiKat~ You are wise to make sure it is something you will always want. I want my kids birth flowers next, but I also want botox and lip filler. It all cost too much.

Marty~ I waited until I was 40 to get a tatt, because I was told "you will regret it when you get old" When I turned 40 I though well now I am old so what the #%!!. No regets for me now, but I want more. I don't think anyone under 25 should get a tatt. That is just my oppinion.

I agree 100%! I got all mine between 15 and 18. I am now 30 and HATE them all. I equate getting a tattoo in your teens to permanently decorating your home with pictures you drew in kindergarten. I love other peoples tats though :).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Angi said:
I don't think anyone under 25 should get a tatt. That is just my opinion.

Well I'm 22 (I'll be 23 in a few weeks!) but I don't think this is one I'll regret! And I've been thinking about getting it for at least 2 years :p

Wezzer

5 Year Member
Pontefract, UK
esjdqs.jpg

This is one of my tattoos. I got this when i split up with my fiancee to help me remember that things get better. It actually helped me lots and i am glad that i got it

eudora09

5 Year Member
Tucson, Arizona
I just went and got this tattoo yesterday. It's for my mom. She actually went with me and picked it out. She always calls me her little lady bug so this tattoo has lots of meaning for me and so I had it put on my right wrist.

IMG_0425.jpg

I have another tattoo of a tiger on my back but I don't have any pictures of it right now...

I'm going back in a couple of months to get a tattoo of my boa constrictor, Baron, on my left arm.

040.jpg

The tattoo artist that I go to is also coming up with a design for me for my upper right arm. It's going to be a coat of arms but with a lion in the middle to represent the Leo zodiac for my baby sister. Her and I love medieval settings so I wanted something unique for her.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Eudora- I love the ladybug; how sweet :)
You have to post pictures of your boa constrictor tat once you get it! That sounds like it will be very cool!

R

rrk2rivera

I like tattoos and I like that tattoo which is on finger. That is pretty cool.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Katie~I think you have chose your tatt wisely and wount regret it.
My niece is covered in tatts and it limits her career choices. She does hair and make-up so is in a good biz for it.
Marty~ I have no lips. As you age the fat in your lips go away. I had it done a few years ago, but need it again BTW It hurts like crazy. 100 time more than a tatt. but is soooo worth it. Botox is no big deal. I just can't aford it right now.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Meg, the color of that gecko is stunning! It looks brand new.

Corey, that looks like a whole lotta hours you got there. It's beautiful.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
If you have tattoos it is important to accessorize.

Attachments

• DSC_0095.jpg
    DSC_0095.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 86

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
IMG_0035.jpg

During :)

183554_10150412116050361_735285360_17158045_8299703_s.jpg

After :)

I don't see anything wrong with getting a tattoo before you're 25. I'm only 18 but to each their own :) btw this is what I got done last night! Just wanted to share

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
CtTortoiseMom said:
If you have tattoos it is important to accessorize.

LOL!!! That's a GREAT picture!!

Jenilyn

5 Year Member
Michigan
tattoos? Yes please!
(sorry miss katie you have seen all of these haha)

P8200048.jpg

l_cdbd96cbf022a9cdefa27d104828e5dc.jpg

l_508b36c57a53f749945642a2595d447e.jpg

DSCF7214.jpg

DSCF4788.jpg

61707_1527356296615_1015891246_1563720_7349980_n.jpg

4299_1144387202627_1015891246_441841_232097_n.jpg

Chifte

5 Year Member
Fleetwood, PA
Who's going to be the first to get a tortoise or turtle tattoo?

I've been brain storming some tortoise designs, I want to put my RT on my thumb, but I think that would be too much detail for such a small area, if I do it will end up being just a typical tortoise in a tribal design chilling on my thumb right at the metacarpal or proximal phalange.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Skyler~ My reason for waiting until someone is 25 is because people change so much between 18 and 25. A human brain is not completly developed until 25. I doubt you will regret your cute little tatt. In fact if you are getting one on your stomach it is probably a good thing to get it while you are young and have a cute little tummy to show off. I never would have believed that someday my stomach would not be completly flat. But then I turned 40. Grrrr.....

Jenilyn ~ I love the one on your back!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I agree with Angi 18 is young. I have had 6 covered over one lasered off I got them all when I was 18 thought I like it then but they did not have any meaning just a design off the wall. I think it should have a meaning behind it because it is semi permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.