Design project for Tortoise caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoh

5 Year Member
Hello, my name is Scott Noh, I am a student in Rhode Island School of Design studying industrial design. I am currently working on a project that will be placed within the cage, which will record the activities of tortoises by using sensors and lively update to the owners. I’m even thinking about making it so you could face time your pets as well.
Please fill the survey that I’m putting a link on, and if anyone is interested to hear more about my project, feel free to contact me.
Thank you.

Take the quick servey

[email protected]

Attachments

• Project tortoise9.jpg
    Project tortoise9.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 54

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Coooool. I would totally face time with my torts. But wait, wouldn't that mean they'd need their own iPhone? Talk about spoiled...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Took the servey to but I'm. Not going to get my tortoise a iphone lol

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I took it. Did it mean on the last question that what if your pet called you and wrote its own will or on his own? Probably the second choice.

snoh

5 Year Member
shellysmom said:
Coooool. I would totally face time with my torts. But wait, wouldn't that mean they'd need their own iPhone? Talk about spoiled...

HAHAHA,
yeah... that's the concept, they won't get their own iphone, but different sensors and buttons will be built in the cages of the tortoise to collect informations according to it's activities.
for example, a pressure sensor will be build in the food bowl to see when your tortoise is eating, or temperature sensor will trigger the computer to send you a text message "I'm too cold, can you heat my mat up a bit please?"
It's a silly idea but I think this actually might sell :)

Nerdling

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edmonton
I'd buy it!! I wouldn't spend oodles on it, because it's more of a novelty than anything else, but if it were affordable I'd totally get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.