sulcata pics (feel free to post yours!) :)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
He's beautiful...I wish my tortoises weren't all rescues, I sure would like a beautiful Sulcata like him...
Thank you, I started him out dry. I bought him before finding this forum. It looks like Opo's pyramiding is slowly down.
I commend you for saving rescues.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thank you, I started him out dry. I bought him before finding this forum. It looks like Opo's pyramiding is slowly down.

Thank you...

Thank you for the compliment, but rescue or tortoises was something I was never interested in.. when I got medically retired in 2003, my sister kept coming over with chelonia saying "would you keep this one for a few days while I find it a home?" So I kinda got sucked in that way. I have never had a soft heart to help anybody. But over the years something has happened to me...as an example I freakin LOVE Sulcata...I love playing with them and taking pictures of them...bragging or complaining about them...mine or somebody else's...what ever happened to Monstro? Or another love was that beauty kept by DeanS...I forget his name now...anyhow...over the years I seem to have inherited my sisters affection (not that she has affection for ...) for these beasts, and I developed talent to care for and help them...
here's Knobby...and Big Sam and the first sprinkler of the season..
046.JPG076.JPG080.JPG

KronksMom

Illinois
I had a snake named Pickles! He's my new favorite sulcata. But they're all so handsome! My husband and I decided not to buy a house with a yard. But maybe someday.... I could absolutely see us moving somewhere warmer with a big yard purely for the tortoise possibilities.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
OMG! I am SO sorry for you...that you somehow got stuck with that drop dead beautiful animal...Seriously, not just the carapace, but his face and legs...just beautiful...I hope to get to watch him grow...
He is loved so much, he is spoiled. Thank you

LARRY5469

Georgia
This is our little guy.. we call him Mr. T age is not truly known.. we have been told he was anywhere from 9 to 19.. he weighs 60 pounds or so. That pan he is eating out of is approx. 20" diameter.

Attachments

• MrTFood.JPG
    MrTFood.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • MrTWalk.JPG
    MrTWalk.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 21

nicoleann2214

NY
Getting her soak on ?

Attachments