Cooper being weighed (10 months!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Here are 2 pics I took of Cooper right when I got home today. Just wanted to show him being weighed and next to a cloth tape measure so everyone can see just how big this 10 month old Sulcata is. Have a great day everyone! :) And feel free to leave comments and pics of your own if you like, I love looking at the pics and reading about other torts and how much they weigh compared to my Cooper! Thanks!
IMG_20111020_153756.jpg
IMG_20111020_154108.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
What a cute tort. He puts my little girl to shame. She is, we are thinking about 6 months and is only clocking in at 89 grams and 3.5".

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is one loved tortoise. Nice to see a happy sulcata story. :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well the last couple days Cooper has found a new spot that I guess is his favorite outside of his normal living area. All wraped up in my heating blanket! He loves that thing, silly boy!
IMG_20111020_171715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Wow he is big, my Tejas is just 230 grams at 8 months. We have been calling Tejas he but it's starting to look like Tejas is going to be a she...

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Wow he is big compared to OP. OP is 15 months and just the other day weighed in at 524g.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Wow! He is only 6mths older than mine, yet he weighs about 4x as much as my heaviest little fatty! He looks great! :D

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
It's almost time to upgrade his weight measurer.
The picture of him wrapped up is so cute!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks for all the great comments everybody! As sad as it is to see Cooper growing up so fast, it makes me happy to know that I am doing a good job raising him from the comments that were posted. And the reason I am doing a good job is because I joined this forum and have learned everything I needed to know to raise Cooper the right way from the great people on this forum! So I thank you all! Have a great day![/align]

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Tom said:
That is one loved tortoise. Nice to see a happy sulcata story. :)

You got that right Tom, that and a spoiled tortoise! lol! And I have to agree, even tho it is my story, I get so depressed about all the sad tort/turt stories that are out there! I always like to read the happy ones, even if I dont post on them I do read them. Have a good one!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
tv_mikey said:
Very Nice! what are you feeding him/her?
He gets mixed greens, squash as treat, mazuri, red tort sticks, he gets to graze when weather permits, small amount of carrots once in a blue moon, calcium/D3 powder on his food about 3 times a week, and a cuttlefish bone at all times. In summer he got very small amounts of watermelon. I know this don't help as there are just a lot of things he gets. But that's what he eats! Lol! He would eat everything if I let him! One time he found a cheese dorito and ate it before I could even try and get it from him. He is such a piggy! Lol!!! Have a great day!! :D

ALDABRAMAN said:
jackrat said:
Beautiful!

:cool:
Any reply that comes from you makes me :D ! Its like having somebody you admire, for whatever reason, tell you they think you are doing something right! If that makes any since at all??? Hah! Have a good day! :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well, I started this thread on October 20th and Cooper was 687 grams, well today he is up to 808 grams. So do you all, that know Sully's, think that is a really big weight gain in the 22 days it took him? Thanks for reading and have a great night! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.