Cooper being weighed (10 months!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
TortandHare said:
So I just weighed Stewie for the first time. He is a little over a year old and 303 g. Of course he has been eating like a horse all day...so not sure how much of that is him and how much is stomach.
Wow, he is over a year and just 303 gr? I think Cooper is on pace to be a 200+lbs giant! That's why I was hoping to get more posts from others on here members just to see what they were weighing in over the 1st year of life. I think when he gets to the 100 plus mark he won't be spending as much time on the waterbed with me! Lol!!! Have a good night! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
SailingMystic said:
Funny-- they do like warm soft things!! Mine loves a towel in his pen on a heating pad--- just loves it!!
Thats funny, that's what I do for Cooper except he gets a towel covering the heating pad on the waterbed. Always try to keep him nice and warm but got to have the towel just in case there is a pee accident ya know! Lol! But the good thing is about the only time he ever has an accident is if he is eating something on the bed.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I dont know about his 1st yr, but at 11yrs, WalkingRock is 73lbs and at 5 yrs (when we met) he was about 15lbs maybe. He has grown exponitally since I've been taking care of him... next Summer I have to build him a new house!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Zamric said:
I dont know about his 1st yr, but at 11yrs, WalkingRock is 73lbs and at 5 yrs (when we met) he was about 15lbs maybe. He has grown exponitally since I've been taking care of him... next Summer I have to build him a new house!

That's cool, the pic of him looks great!!

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
My little guy, Pepé, is 4 months and is 155g, but his growth has slowed down a bit since it's been getting colder around here. Don't know if that's the reason, but I can say that Cooper is growing amazingly fast. I'm quite impressed! Do you have any pictures of his enclosure? Specifically his heat sources, and his night time heat sources.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
PEEEETE said:
My little guy, Pepé, is 4 months and is 155g, but his growth has slowed down a bit since it's been getting colder around here. Don't know if that's the reason, but I can say that Cooper is growing amazingly fast. I'm quite impressed! Do you have any pictures of his enclosure? Specifically his heat sources, and his night time heat sources.
Sorry, I have no pics of his setup. As far as heat he has a mvb 100 watt bulb and a under tank heater for heat during the day, and at night he has a 150 watt red light plus the under tank mat heater. When he gets a little bigger I'm building him a tort table. As of today he was 1045 grams! He gains sooo fast! Have a great night!!! :)

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
Thanks for the info, how about his diet? If you are having such good luck, I'd like to try what you are trying. I just picked up a malnourished hatching, and I'm trying hard to get her up to proper weight.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
PEEEETE said:
Thanks for the info, how about his diet? If you are having such good luck, I'd like to try what you are trying. I just picked up a malnourished hatching, and I'm trying hard to get her up to proper weight.
Cooper gets fed lunch at noon and dinner at 8pm everyday. He gets baby mixed greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, and any other greens on the list I can find that's on the list for him to eat, the red tort sticks from www.coastalsilkworms.com, and also mazuri since I still have some left. Plus his food gets calcium/D3 powder about 2-3 times a week. He gets soaked every to every other day as he poops a lot! Lol! He almost never poops except in the bath. He likes a clean habitat! :)
I hope this info helps you out! Best of luck to u both!!! :) Keep me updated on your torts progress if u don't mind.

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
Morty is 4 months old and is 3 inches long and weighs 105grams. I just ordered him the sulcata seeds and spineless cactus pads. I want to try those tort sticks, does anyone else here use those?

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Morty the Torty said:
Morty is 4 months old and is 3 inches long and weighs 105grams. I just ordered him the sulcata seeds and spineless cactus pads. I want to try those tort sticks, does anyone else here use those?

Awwww Morty is so cute, and Cooper too! Where did you order the sulcata seeds and spineless cactus pads? Do they grow in the cage bc I really wanna grow some plants for Franklin to graze on. I can't believe Cooper weighs over 1000 gs! When I got my tort I was told that he was between 1-2 yrs old (some young girl bought him and couldn't deal with him:( ) and I just weighed him for the first time, 336 gs. Idk if I was told his correct age or what but compared to Coops, he's muy poquito and he eats a lot. I guess I really won't know how he's growing until I weigh him the next time. Can't wait to find out, I finally got a scale.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Linzbragg said:
Morty the Torty said:

Awwww Morty is so cute, and Cooper too! Where did you order the sulcata seeds and spineless cactus pads? Do they grow in the cage bc I really wanna grow some plants for Franklin to graze on. I can't believe Cooper weighs over 1000 gs! When I got my tort I was told that he was between 1-2 yrs old (some young girl bought him and couldn't deal with him:( ) and I just weighed him for the first time, 336 gs. Idk if I was told his correct age or what but compared to Coops, he's muy poquito and he eats a lot. I guess I really won't know how he's growing until I weigh him the next time. Can't wait to find out, I finally got a scale.
Trust me, I can't get over the amount he weighs or how much he gains a month. My little boy is growing so fast. Its sad but exciting at the same time. But I am gonna miss it when he gets to big to lay in bed with me. :( but I have a feeling as long as I can lift him he will be laying on the warm waterbed for years to come! :p I know that here in the next couple of months I will have to get bigger scales, once he out grows the big bowl that he fits in that still fits on the scales, I won't have any way to weigh him.. have a great day! :):)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I have a small metal tube with a flat plate on it that WalkingRock placed on (his legs hang off the side) and weigh him on our scales... Or you can weigh yourself then hold your tort, weigh again and subtract the differance.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Zamric said:
I have a small metal tube with a flat plate on it that WalkingRock placed on (his legs hang off the side) and weigh him on our scales... Or you can weigh yourself then hold your tort, weigh again and subtract the differance.
Cooper won't stand for having his legs hangover, I tried. I wish our scales did grams cause I could just put him on ours.
Once he gets up to over a full pound I guess I will use our scales since they are digital and do like 1.4 lbs or whatever.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Good ol Cooper! Time to get that new scale if hes tipping a 1000 grams! that means hes a little over 2 pounds! getting big!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Funny thing is WalkingRock don't like it either, but he would never stand still long enough to weigh and he's to big for me to pick up and weigh accurately... my scale doesn't go that high with him and I! A couple of seconds of discomfort for and accurate reading is a good trade

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
Linzbragg said:

I got the cactus pads off eBay but I can't remember the sellers name. Its in one of these threads though:) the seeds are from sulcatafood.com

Status
Not open for further replies.