Sulcata hatchling dehydrated shell?

Missashleee

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hi, I’m new here and I have a 2-3 month old sulcata (I was told it was around that age) from a reptile store. I am concerned by its shell.. its shell was like this when I got him and I’m assuming this is dehydration?? I hope it’s something I can fix!! I’ve only had him for three days and I have read all the threads on the lighting and humidity and I have it correct for my enclosure. But does anyone know what this is and what I can do to help it? I’d appreciate any feedback. Meet TORTELLINI btw 🤎

Attachments

• IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5017.jpeg
    IMG_5017.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5019.jpeg
    IMG_5019.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi, I’m new here and I have a 2-3 month old sulcata (I was told it was around that age) from a reptile store. I am concerned by its shell.. its shell was like this when I got him and I’m assuming this is dehydration?? I hope it’s something I can fix!! I’ve only had him for three days and I have read all the threads on the lighting and humidity and I have it correct for my enclosure. But does anyone know what this is and what I can do to help it? I’d appreciate any feedback. Meet TORTELLINI btw 🤎
I've never seen anything quite like that.

All you can do is offer the best conditions possible. You have a closed chamber? 80+% humidity? Damp substrate and a humid hide? Flood bulb and not a spot or mercury vapor?

More info here: